Author Topic: experiences trying to balance teams  (Read 3910 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: experiences trying to balance teams
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »
vDallas and Jarbo are the effective parents of this one  :O  That's some questionable DNA....  :eek:  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »
vDallas and Jarbo are the effective parents of this one  :O  That's some questionable DNA....  :eek:  :D

Spam cancer diddler.  :old:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 05:14:13 PM »
Spam cancer diddler.  :old:

Is that an observation or a command?  :devil
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »
Is that an observation or a command?  :devil

Yes.  :cool:

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 05:22:01 PM »
HT should remove the timer on side changes IMO

Dont think the spy switching side worry should be that big a concern - sounds childish to me

Who is going to bother with that?

Who should care if a player switches side every sortie?

Is that going to ruin or change the game?

It might turn out to be a blast

Eagler

While I agree with you in concept, there is one thing that has happened in the past that should cause for concern.

In the past with bigger numbers, having done squadron operations, I have seen a player switch countries after watching a squad launch a NOE bombing raid and just HAPPEN to meet the bombers at the edge of a DAR circle.  Score padding is a thing.  I don't disagree with you.  In fact perhaps make it 2 hours instead of 6.   
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2020, 05:41:01 PM »
... perhaps make it 2 hours instead of 6.   

My suggestion modified:

Population scenario: Rooks = 20 players, Knights = 22 players, Bishops = 40 players.

Switch from Bishops to Rooks =  earn 20 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Bishops to Knights =  earn 18 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Rooks =  earn 2 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Knights to Bishop = costs 18 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Knights =  costs 2 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.
Switch from Rooks to Bishops =  costs 20 perks and a 2 hour wait to switch again.

Why keep the wait time? To keep a player from farming excessive perks every time the balance shifts.

What warning box pops up in the O Club when you select a switch to another side?

"Switching to ______ will result in a loss of ______ perk points and a 2 hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

or

"Switching to ______ will result in earning _______ perk points but you will have a 2 hour wait to switch again. Yes/No?"

Oh, and reinstitute the original ENY equipment penalties.

:cheers: :aok :banana: :old: :x :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »
arlo I could earn lots of perks just by switching and not fighting in a day with your idea.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 12:43:45 AM »
It would keep numbers more even though :aok  :bolt:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 12:49:02 AM »
It would keep numbers more even though :aok  :bolt:

yes but I would just go and watch a movie come back in 2 hours then change countries if needed.  I normally dont play till 8pm pst and after.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 03:21:08 PM »
yes but I would just go and watch a movie come back in 2 hours then change countries if needed.  I normally dont play till 8pm pst and after.

semp
Ok? Why would you? Thats same sort of issue that caused ENY griping to begin with.."SORT OF".
 Why ride the tower AT ALL? Just log out. Only takes what? 1 Minute to sign back in? "People want their perks for base capture! They are downloading skins! yadayada", heard that one a whole bunch.
  Not picking, I just honestly dont understand why you/anyone, would even want to stay logged in and NOT CONTRIBUTING.   Yes, YOU would get perks, YOU would get your skins..YOU wouldnt have to deal with ENY, or ENY doesnt matter to YOU...that is the thinking behind my, personal issues with ENY. The community doesnt revolve around YOU/ANYBODY..selfish.

Dont have to worry about it now, I guess? Which I believe to be a positive :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2020, 04:28:13 PM »
  Not picking, I just honestly dont understand why you/anyone, would even want to stay logged in and NOT CONTRIBUTING.

I've stayed logged in to check through the roster and see if squads can be pulled up (and tabulate current active participation). Sometimes, that's what it takes to compile data. Sometimes it doesn't work. Bad me.  :D

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 09:55:05 PM »
I've stayed logged in to check through the roster and see if squads can be pulled up (and tabulate current active participation). Sometimes, that's what it takes to compile data. Sometimes it doesn't work. Bad me.  :D
Then again, I found your "Squad Data" beneficial....good Arlo! :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2020, 10:30:16 PM »
Then again, I found your "Squad Data" beneficial....good Arlo! :aok

Setting up a web page dedicated to them.

https://arlogu3.wixsite.com/mysite/aces-high-squadrons

:cheers:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2020, 11:35:08 AM »
Setting up a web page dedicated to them.

https://arlogu3.wixsite.com/mysite/aces-high-squadrons

:cheers:
Well I'll be...GREAT GUTHREE :devil :rock :rofl   :aok Nicely done,Sir

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »
i think i am gonna start joining whatever side has the least numbers every morning. although i will miss the morning rook crew. but still, if I don't then I am a hypocrite. Oh well. At least we are thinking about it. thanks for all the comments guys. <S>