Author Topic: major pappy byington  (Read 781 times)

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
major pappy byington
« on: November 20, 2020, 07:28:10 PM »
 :salute just wondering if we could include vmf=214 black sheep . if its already there i guess i missed it.
 :salute :cheers:

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: major pappy byington
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 07:38:15 PM »
In which way?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
My best guess is my squadron list. It is there. If more info is available I'd be glad to add (C.O., website, contact email). One of the uses I envision with it would be as a recruiting tool.  :cheers:

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 09:17:41 PM »
Been looking for info of any kind on the plane he was shot down in to skin, no. 915. VMF-214 skins in game aren’t available to adopt to update.

In my research the guys never called him Pappy, that was credited to media. They called him Gramps but mostly Greg lol.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:19:39 PM by whiteman »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 12:45:35 AM »
:salute just wondering if we could include vmf=214 black sheep . if its already there i guess i missed it.
 :salute :cheers:
BORTAS! Where ya been? Miss seeing your salutes on Fridays before FSO!  BW1stpar,here :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »
His grand nephew used to be one of my pool customers in central Florida. The last name made me ask. he told me he met him once as a young kid.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?