Author Topic: References for a course of treatment for Covid  (Read 11105 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: References for a course of treatment for Covid
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2020, 06:47:22 PM »
Moray, can you tell me, do you think the following is true or false?

If Ivermectin works well and the public widely knows that, many people might forgo getting the vaccine, thinking that they'll just use Ivermectin if they get Covid.  In that case, the world would be better off if Ivermectin didn't work well, or (even if Ivermectin did work) the world would be better off if people didn't know that or didn't believe that.

That's a stretch.  In a perfect world we would have both.  I really doubt the wonder drug ivermectin will stop people from getting the vaccine.   Also, if ivermectin works that good, we will know.  Sadly, I doubt it does work that good.  Why? Because it has been used for the past 9 months.  The silver bullet has yet to be proven.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2020, 10:13:52 AM »
This may have been posted already but I think it's worth 10 minutes.

It won't change any opinions of the non-believers but it's from a highly qualified Doctor. The faux <cough> factcheckers </cough> are racing to discredit this information. Probably Big Pharma money involved there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8SXOBy-4w

Here is the I-MASK+  Prophylaxis & Early Outpatient Treatment Protocol for Covid-19:

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-I-MASK-Protocol-v6-2020-12-09-ENGLISH.pdf

Ignore it if you like. I've already got PLENTY of Ivermectin and the vitamins. :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »
Unfortunately, if you used an actual silver bullet and you tested positive, they would most likely list you as a covid death.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:05 PM »
by journalists who lacked the training to completely decipher the material

That is (to two significant digits) always the case.  In the AP case, it wasn't lack of training, as I explained.

Ivermectin is not an antiviral;

It is an antiviral -- if the data is correct.  (Although what we call it matters not at all to whether it works.)  The term "antiviral" isn't reserved only for compounds that attach to the viral particle itself.  There are lots of mechanisms of action for antivirals:  Enfuvirtide binds to gp41 on cell membrane (i.e., "gums up" the pore),  aciclovir is processed into a compound that inhibits DNA polymerases in the cell (i.e., "gums up" the polymerase enzymes), etc.

It also need a very high dose

False according to the in vivo studies, as we discussed already.

There haven't been any double blind efforts for this drug. 

Here are your techniques:
-- First, try to focus only on in vitro to exclusion of more-meaningful in vivo.
-- When that doesn't work, try to focus on the one no-effect study to exclusion of stronger in vivo studies.
-- When that doesn't work, focus on double blind (because you can't pick on randomized or controlled).

You are like the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.

If there's a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study, I expect next will be "it's not big enough".  Then, if there is a large one, I expect next will be "but there aren't 10 of them".  And so on.

Since you have that much training in science, then you most certainly know that you need more work to show anything worthwhile here.

There is plenty worthwhile here.  I completely disagree with you.

You go by the data you have, and then see -- compared to alternatives -- if that data is strong enough for you to use a thing.

In this case, Ivermectin has very low risk.  The alternative currently is no treatment.  There is some data indicating efficacy.

For me, that would be good enough to use it instead of no treatment.  For you, you might use no treatment until the body of data is stronger.  Up to you.

if all you're doing is forcing a selection event, you really aren't doing anything at all.

You seem to think "use Ivermectin" = "do not get vaccinated" (hence my earlier question to you).  Those are not linked.  You can use Ivermectin and do vaccinations.

The choice is give Ivermectin, or give nothing, which has about zero impact on selection dynamics.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 10:25:26 AM »
Here are the dems making it political again

https://youtu.be/nxw1voRlS1g

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 06:57:42 PM »
Here are the dems making it political again

https://youtu.be/nxw1voRlS1g

Eagler

Unfortunate to hear that kind of talk from our elected experts.  It is ironic that in our state, the areas that elected Mr Peters have been hit hardest by this disease. Throw we all have suffered from a lack of, zero in fact, early treatment protocols.  Absolutely nothing.  The people that will suffer from our formal information stream are the poor and uninformed.  Again, if this drug works, we should see the results in the past, now, and in the future.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2020, 03:56:43 AM »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2020, 04:40:42 AM »
Unfortunately, if you used an actual silver bullet and you tested positive, they would most likely list you as a covid death.

I'll pass that along to my neighbor, his wife just passed away from covid at 25. she's listed as covid death. my best friend's brother who was as fit as you can be at 45.  perhaps my wife or me wont joint that list, we both infected. she's in the hospital, I am at home.  like I told twitchy earlier who said it wasnt so bad, would you like to change places?

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2020, 06:22:41 AM »
I'll pass that along to my neighbor, his wife just passed away from covid at 25. she's listed as covid death. my best friend's brother who was as fit as you can be at 45.  perhaps my wife or me wont joint that list, we both infected. she's in the hospital, I am at home.  like I told twitchy earlier who said it wasnt so bad, would you like to change places?

semp

This thread is to help you all. Get on phone and play doctor!

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2020, 06:30:03 AM »
The fda has approved monoclonal antibodies, convalescent plasma, remdesimir.  Ivermectin is not approved but widely available. These treatments need to be started asap and become less effective every day of infection.  From day seven on, dexamethasone and warfarin.  Get on it!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2020, 06:39:16 AM »
Sorry to hear that semp

Prayers to your wife and you

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2020, 06:41:58 AM »
Indeed.

Get well soon.

:salute

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2020, 06:45:38 AM »
And dont let them give u the tube! Even if your oxygen is 70 and you are talking fine. Oxygen non stop with zen like breathing exercises.  Dont give up!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:47:19 AM by NatCigg »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »
Yikes, semp!  Best wishes for you both.

Please ask/urge your doctor if both of you can do this starting today:

Ivermectin .2 mg/kg, then 2 days later, another .2 mg/kg
aspirin 325 mg/day for 7 days
doxycycline 100 mg/day for 7 days
daily zinc supplement for 7 days
daily vitamin d supplement
daily vitamin c supplement

[Edit:  Moray seems to think you shouldn't look into any of this.  If I got Covid, I would definitely ask my physician about this.]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:05:51 PM by Brooke »

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2020, 03:39:52 PM »
Yikes, semp!  Best wishes for you both.

Please ask/urge your doctor if both of you can do this starting today:

Ivermectin .2 mg/kg, then 2 days later, another .2 mg/kg
aspirin 325 mg/day for 7 days
doxycycline 100 mg/day for 7 days
daily zinc supplement for 7 days
daily vitamin d supplement
daily vitamin c supplement

You do realize you can (and would) have your doctorate (in Biotechnology, I presume) rescinded by your school for dispensing medical advice in this way, right?  I understand trying to help someone, but this is just irresponsible.  If his doctor says no to this regimen, and he were to pursue it on your advice alone and something bad happened, you would also be held liable in any court proceedings.

Semp, best wishes to your wife and yourself.  Stay strong.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:53:23 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce