Author Topic: References for a course of treatment for Covid  (Read 11200 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: References for a course of treatment for Covid
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
If his doctor says no to this regimen, and he were to pursue it on your advice alone and something bad happened, you would also be held liable in any court proceedings.

Would be very difficult to convince a jury that Eagler reasonably relied on medical advice posted on a cartoon airplane BBS forum.  Easy win for Brooke.

- oldman (Eagler might still be dead, of course, but that's what you get from internet learning...)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2020, 04:47:13 PM »
You do realize

You can rest at ease, Moray.

It is still OK in the United States for people to discuss opinions -- even on medicine -- and to recommend that someone consult with his doctor.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »
Moray, if you or your family got Covid, would you ask your doctor about Ivermectin?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2020, 05:26:00 PM »
You can rest at ease, Moray.

It is still OK in the United States for people to discuss opinions -- even on medicine -- and to recommend that someone consult with his doctor.

It, however, not ambiguous as to whether or not you can give someone advice including medicines and dosages without an M.D. behind your name.  I will save you the trouble in looking... you can't.  It's malpractice.  Even a  doctor, when not "on the clock" legally shouldn't, because their malpractice insurance only covers "on the clock" and any advice given absent the professional setting, they would then be personally held responsible for.

Giving an opinion or recommendation is one thing.  Dosages and prescription parameters are another.  Seriously, I know how you feel about this, but that is patently a liability on yourself.  There is plenty of legal advice pursuant to this online.  Saying "Hey, ask your doctor what they think about an Ivermectin regime" is advice.  Saying "Hey, Ivermectin at .2mg/Kg over xyz days....." is malpractice.  It isn't subtle.

Your university review board would not be subtle about their actions, either, were a case brought to them.  But, you do you.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
Moray, if you or your family got Covid, would you ask your doctor about Ivermectin?

What I would do, in any given situation, is a hypothetical.  It has no bearing upon this conversation.   

What I would not do, is tell a complete stranger what medicines and dosages they should be looking at starting, per their diagnosis. Under any circumstance. 
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
I can't prescribe medications.  I can convey whatever information I want, specific or not, and recommend asking a doctor about it.

As a separate discussion, Moray, if you or your family got Covid, would you ask your doctor about Ivermectin?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2020, 06:59:27 PM »
Under any circumstance.

Interesting.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
I have decided to not get the vaccine for a number of reasons:
   1) I'm to old for it to make a difference
   2) I have been so close to death on a few occasions so I am no longer afraid of dying
   3) My sister and her husband (an or nurse and a nurse anesthesiologist won't take it)
   4) I do not trust what the Government says about it
   5) To paraphrase Rhaum Emmanual (forgive my spelling), politicians should never let a
       a so called "crisis" go to waste

:salute

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2021, 03:35:23 PM »
My brother in law has covid now. Came down with it late last week. He is a police officer. Lost since of smell and is like a cold.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »
we are taking it.  neither me or my wife want to go thru this crap again.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2021, 05:53:59 PM »
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210111/Over-half-of-COVID-19-cases-are-spread-by-asymptomatic-carriers-CDC-study-finds.aspx

Over half....that is todays story anyway, may change yet again..stay tuned for the latest fear news

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »
what we do know is that it effects different people in different ways. 

I have a 29 year old otherwise healthy cousin dead.  She happened to be in hospital at the wrong time.
Another cousin 33, who was until now fit and healthy (working out) suffering from long Covid.  Breathlessness that comes and goes 6 months later.
A 91 year old uncle in a care home who has mild symptoms roughing it out.  21 out of 25 residents caught it,  6 moved to hospital and counting.

My wife Had the Pfizer jab today I'll let you know if she grows anything where it shouldn't.   Our best hope is to start taking this seriously.  Rather than passing blame on who or what started it.  It doesn't seem real until people you know start getting infected.       
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2021, 07:54:53 PM »
And you can make your own vitamin D just by being out in the sunshine.
nowhere near the amount you require....but fugitive said it, so that must be the way IT IS. Lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
nowhere near the amount you require....but fugitive said it, so that must be the way IT IS. Lol

I said what?