Author Topic: I need a bunch of help!!!  (Read 521 times)

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
I need a bunch of help!!!
« on: November 25, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
What i want is to create a online arena for me and newbies that has drones and I can use the lead computing sight to learn gunnery. is this possible. i used to host zapkin's world back in the early 2000's but my mind is like swiss cheese and a lot of things have changed.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: I need a bunch of help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:38:41 PM »
What you are looking for is a custom arena.  In a custom arena you can set the environment the way you want.

For example, there is map called "Mongoose".  (I suggested it, Bustr made it and put my name on it.)  It is two bases on each side of a canyon.  You take off, fly into the canyon, and play tag.  Flying in the canyon keeps it contained, and prevents people from chasing each other for miles and miles across the map.  If you don't want the confined space, choose a different map.

It won't have drones, but you can have fun with friends who are new to the game.

Here are some options that I suggest:

Turning off Killshooter:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Arena Flags > uncheck Killshooter.
If you have a small party, put everyone on the same team, and play tag.  If you get more people, turn Killshooter on and divide up into teams.

Optional, turn on Air Show Smoke:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Air Show Smoke

Turn on Lead Computed Gunsight:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Lead Computing Gunsight

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:42:06 PM by Mongoose »
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:40 PM »
Now on the other hand, if you are just looking to get some practice yourself shooting at drones, go into the offline practice arena.  It has drones and you can use the settings listed below to turn on the Lead Computing Gunsight.

Turn on Lead Computed Gunsight:
Options > Arena Setup > Environment > Arena Settings > Flight Mode Flags > check Lead Computing Gunsight
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Scared

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 08:14:17 AM »
okay thanks for the help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
You can do this in the training arena as well. You can practice dive bombing and gunnery using the lead computing site on the circling drones over the fields.