Author Topic: Interesting Death Rate Report  (Read 23963 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Interesting Death Rate Report
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2020, 03:31:38 PM »
The response to the virus was based on models.

The paper is just looking at the resulting CDC data. 

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2020, 03:37:31 PM »
but if i get covid and die, some people will try to say any of those things killed me except the damn virus.

That's the point minus the distraction.  :aok

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »

It's Fake News.

The people who they are claiming died of COVID really only died because their heart and breathing stopped. 

It's like when they claim people died from jumping off 10 story buildings when in reality, it is only the sudden stop at street level that kills them.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »
Your perception of numbers appears to be quite skewed. It's a few thousand acting like 6 year olds making the '100s of millions' pay the price for their tantrums.

So many "mysterious people" running around spreading it. Painted by the lens of the media. If only we could trace everyones every move all the time to stop them before walking out of their house....I'll make an App for it!

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2020, 05:27:32 PM »
So many "mysterious people" running around spreading it. Painted by the lens of the media. If only we could trace everyones every move all the time to stop them before walking out of their house....I'll make an App for it!

Sorry, I'm not much into playing 'random response tag.'  :old:

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2020, 04:48:00 AM »

Good point here. The authoraties can spread all the falsehoods they want. 4 million infections and almost no data on where or how the infection was transmitted.  They cram b.s. at us without much proof.  We've been wearing masks for some time now, yet numbers are exponential.

The lack of honest information is to blam, imo.  We have known for 6 months, going on 1 year. We need a n95 mask plus goggles to be protected.  Infected people are sent home without treatment.   Nursing home are still virus culture cells.  It's like we are too lazy to accept the fact we need to do something, not government mandated nothing.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2020, 06:38:18 AM »
It started with a 2 week stay at home order...lower the curve

Now we have to hide from it totally or else...

All numbers involving this thing are suspect

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:51 PM »
It started with a 2 week stay at home order...lower the curve

Now we have to hide from it totally or else...

All numbers involving this thing are suspect

Eagler

Well, you'd have to actually lower the curve. First.  We did not.

I understand your skepticism.  But, you're not in your lane of expertise.  The reason it hasn't gotten any better is because a sizeable piece of the American populace thinks they can't have it happen to them.  Iceland has fewer than 7 deaths per 100,000 people.  Why?  Because they listened to the people who know what they are talking about. New Zealand squashed it in less than two months.

The same phenomena happened in the Spanish Flu (Which actually should have been called the Wichita Flu, because it originated in army barracks in the Midwest of the United States).  People said it was made up, and just another sickness that wasn't going to do anything.  They had parades in Philadelphia and other cities even though scientists and doctors were telling them not to.  A few months later, they were picking dead people up at their homes.  Americans just think they know better than anyone else.

It is a novel virus.  There isn't a way to know if you're just going to have a fever and two days in front of the T.V. or if you'll need a ventilator in 5 days.  There is no way to know which one you are.

Not to mention the 30-50% of people who have had that are now carrying permanent damage, the long term effects of which we have absolutely no clue about.  People who never knew they had it are showing up with irreversible lung damage as well as heart muscle damage.  This virus really attacks wherever it can.  This story is nowhere near its end.  You'll be hearing about unforeseen effects for decades.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 02:51:09 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »
That depends on what curve you are referring to...

I am speaking of the one that was going to kill over 2 million in the US if we did not kill the economy first..

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-one-model-simulated-22-million-us-deaths-covid-19

I think that one was flattened quite well

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2020, 03:10:17 PM »

I understand your skepticism.  But, you're not in your lane of expertise.  The reason it hasn't gotten any better is because a sizeable piece of the American populace thinks they can't have it happen to them.  Iceland has fewer than 7 deaths per 100,000 people.  Why?  Because they listened to the people who know what they are talking about. New Zealand squashed it in less than two months.

The same phenomena happened in the Spanish Flu (Which actually should have been called the Wichita Flu, because it originated in army barracks in the Midwest of the United States).  People said it was made up, and just another sickness that wasn't going to do anything.  They had parades in Philadelphia and other cities even though scientists and doctors were telling them not to.  A few months later, they were picking dead people up at their homes.  Americans just think they know better than anyone else.

It is a novel virus.  There isn't a way to know if you're just going to have a fever and two days in front of the T.V. or if you'll need a ventilator in 5 days.  There is no way to know which one you are.

Not to mention the 30-50% of people who have had that are now carrying permanent damage, the long term effects of which we have absolutely no clue about.  People who never knew they had it are showing up with irreversible lung damage as well as heart muscle damage.  This virus really attacks wherever it can.  This story is nowhere near its end.  You'll be hearing about unforeseen effects for decades.

Because the virus was designed in a lab to do all of that to people. You guys act so smart, but then write off the fact that it was manipulated from some bat 500 miles in the China forrest, brought to lab by scientist. We would have never had this virus if not for the global health mafia building these viruses is sketch places like China.

You act like Iceland has even close to the same amount of people, cities, and living qualities than Americans. Its pretty easy to dictate to 400K people to stay inside. America has 350M people all doing different things, living in different areas.

I keep seeing the same excuse from all of you. If only 'those damn kids' weren't running around spreading the virus. If only we could keep the sheep locked in their house, THEN the virus will stop. Its such bologna. Government agencies never closed, public transportation never closed. MIT did a study proving thats one of the main carriers of the virus. "Well we can't shut those down because people still need to do stuff." "Stuff" thats more important than your livelyhood. SO MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS.  I can't go to a mom and pop restaurant in a small town for breakfast but I can go to McDonald's with a line a mile long. Get the point?

That's why this virus is so great for yall, which magically does everything we've never seen before (but don't worry, China who hates us didn't do nuthin!) . All of your totalitarian control freaks can create policies to control people, cheat in elections, and ruin their lives to bring in their agenda. Its pathetic. As far as I'm concerned all of your "scientist" can do F themselves with their globalist fraud scam money.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2020, 04:14:01 PM »
Kinda lookin' like you either skipped a dose or ran out of meds, altogether. :O

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »
damn, where do you live violator, I live within 2 blocks of perhaps 15 or 20 small restaurants, all open, some only to go, some where you can eat outside. I kind of enjoy eating outside.

if we in commifornia can do that, not sure why you guys can't.

right now, I'm waiting for my wife to get ready to go to the legion and say hi to people. we wear masks, rules only pull them down to take a drink then back on.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2020, 04:28:27 PM »

The lack of honest information is to blam, imo.  We have known for 6 months, going on 1 year. We need a n95 mask plus goggles to be protected.

This ^

N95s and N99s should have been produced on a much more massive scale and made much more available...If hospital personnel are using it around infected patients and not contracting the virus at the rate of the general population then it obviously works much better. They are not comfortable to wear but that sure beats catching it and spreading it!
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2020, 04:32:04 PM »

Lot of burners and looters are probably the cause of the new breakout. You will not read that in what passes for news today.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2020, 04:35:46 PM »
Lot of burners and looters are probably the cause of the new breakout. You will not read that in what passes for news today.

Those wanna be militia folk should stop trying to start up the race war apocalypse.