Author Topic: Covid Vaccine  (Read 29827 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Covid Vaccine
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2020, 10:01:46 AM »
As they state old folks and our medical front liners will receive it 1st - any unexpected side affects would be nasty

Eagler

I have several family members that are first responder's, and/or  medical professionals, they have all stated a reluctance to take the vaccines. Recently read an article on the mortality rate of Covid19, depending on who you listen to, government 5 to 7%, the article stated 0.3%.

No wonder everybody is distrustful and confused. I'm pretty sure I was exposed back in April, will know soon enough. I have a physical coming up this week, I'll ask the blood work up include Covid19 check. Yes I wear a mask as mandated by our local "leadership", I wash my hands multiple times a day, we also check out temperature every morning.

Interesting side note, we have had 10 people exposed at our church. All are doing well so far, 4 have fully recovered, and so far no hospitalizations. Thank the Lord for that.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 11:58:34 AM »
Just learned today that another acquaintance was feeling just fine but thought he would go get tested anyway. They told him he was negative but had already had it. Hard to tell when you have it and when you don't.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »
I've been getting flu shots since they were covered. Before that can't remember many terrible bouts of the flu or any since I've been getting it. I do have a minor allergy to the old preservative or something like that in previous years batches and usually get mine at the Doctor just in case. Never had a reaction but the shingles one really made the shoulder sore this year.

For those who have reactions to vaccines and such, I wonder how much of that is vaccine related opposed to your own immune system.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 12:51:00 PM »
I heard they cannot tell for sure if you have had it before as the antibodies do not stick around for long - as short as 3 to 6 months

Also heard you can catch it again even if you already had it..

What to believe??

The fear in the talking heads on tv voices is enough to scare most..if you just watched that you would think 4 out of 10 die a horrible death from it

Sadly you cannot trust anyone as they all have agendas..both here and abroad

It did produce a record mail in ballot here and that seemed to go well lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »
I have seen many reports of people catching the damned virus more than once. If that is true, and anti-bodies disappear that quickly, how in the heck is a vaccine going to work?

Will the vaccine be more effective at encouraging anti-bodies than the actual virus itself? I just don't get it.

Exactly!  If the antibodies from real exposure disappear from it in 3 months, how is vaccinated synthetic exposure going to any better job??  :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2020, 02:23:39 PM »
Exactly!  If the antibodies from real exposure disappear from it in 3 months, how is vaccinated synthetic exposure going to any better job??  :headscratch:

Antibodies are not the only things that work in your immune system to confer said immunity. In fact, they don't show up until there is already an infection, as they are energy intensive to produce and degrade over time. It is a very complicated dance.  Antibodies never stick around long in your body... they get flushed out quite quickly following an infection. 

Helper T cells are much more important.  Helper T cells basically are the sentinels that activate the stored immune response (from prior exposure, natural or immunized) and send out the signal to start producing antibodies (if that type is stored in your immune memory).  Basically, T Helper cells move around your body, programmed to look for a specific infection by querying cells it runs into. (Think "Driver's License, Please.")

Once it finds a strange response ("Officer, I left it in my other jacket...), it actually has kind of an IFF built-in, where it makes sure that what it sees isn't one of our own cells (This is why many types of cancers persist; they return the proper IFF code when queried).  These are what maintain your immune system memory, not antibodies.  Helper T cells communicate to another set of cells what antibody to make as well as antigens for whatever specific infection it has found, and also activate the killer T cell system.

In short, they're the watchdogs that have all the memory of your past infections, and control most of your response.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 02:34:45 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2020, 04:02:15 PM »
Moray:

Ok it’s been awhile since I did my 12 credits of microbiology...

But iirc there are antibodies that can remain for a much more significant amount of time than say 3-6 months. However, if a virus mutates then those antibodies wouldn’t raise an immune response.

We know CCPVirus19 has mutated, but how many times and strains there are we don’t know.

On the subject of the vaccine, since I’m a RN I’m sure at some point I’ll be required to have it. Right now I’m not sure I want to be first in line to get it though... :uhoh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:15:51 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2020, 02:17:04 AM »
Moray:

Ok it’s been awhile since I did my 12 credits of microbiology...

But iirc there are antibodies that can remain for a much more significant amount of time than say 3-6 months. However, if a virus mutates then those antibodies wouldn’t raise an immune response.

We know CCPVirus19 has mutated, but how many times and strains there are we don’t know.

On the subject of the vaccine, since I’m a RN I’m sure at some point I’ll be required to have it. Right now I’m not sure I want to be first in line to get it though... :uhoh

Antibodies can certainly remain around a lot longer, but it depends upon how fast they degrade....all proteins do, after all.  It's just a matter of time.  It's better to recycle them than to have a redundant system that may not actually work because part of the protein has denatured.  T Helper cells will cue B cells to make more of whatever antibody or antigen is needed if/when another infection presents.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2020, 05:51:26 AM »
Moray

All that said, if they roll up to you the 1st week it is out and say let me stick this in your arm - would you let them?

What happens if you say no thank you?

How will anyone know if you get it or not?

I think the most interesting times are still ahead.

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2020, 06:15:15 AM »
Moray

All that said, if they roll up to you the 1st week it is out and say let me stick this in your arm - would you let them?

What happens if you say no thank you?

How will anyone know if you get it or not?

I think the most interesting times are still ahead.

Eagler

Dont worry, they wont be issuing camp tattoos.

Or will they  :noid

No.  Nobody will be going door to door. Besides that being unethical, they wont thave enough to go around like that.

Also, simply way to early to speculate and assume.  With time you will be able to make some sort of a choice.

The good new is, this is all possible.  We live in a age where they can develop a vaccine within weeks. Amazing stuff.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2020, 07:48:10 AM »
Have we ever done it before?

Create a global saving vaccine so quickly?

Sadly I think the companies and their investors are more concerned about being 1st and the $$$$$ it would mean

I believe I heard that they have gov disclaimers preventing any legal action if the vaccine has issues

I dont see a tatoo or the mark of the beast but I do see a card or some gov health phone app that would confirm your vaccination status.

Eagler

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2020, 09:06:50 AM »
Have we ever done it before?

Create a global saving vaccine so quickly?

Sadly I think the companies and their investors are more concerned about being 1st and the $$$$$ it would mean

I believe I heard that they have gov disclaimers preventing any legal action if the vaccine has issues

I dont see a tatoo or the mark of the beast but I do see a card or some gov health phone app that would confirm your vaccination status.

Eagler

The two RNA vaccines have never tried in humans.  If it works it could revolutionize our existence on this planet, allowing for a whole new future with vaccines.  The others that we have not got phase 3 results are of the traditional type, similar to those we have used for the past 50 years.  The likelyhood of safety is very high with these.  The RNA vaccine does not have that long track to back it up.  Just because it is unknown does not mean bad.

The race for first has multiple motives, of course those employed want to advance their job, of course the company wants to succeed.  This is where the science, community,and regulators come in.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2020, 09:39:21 AM »
Here is an example of a gov disclaimer preventing any legal action against these vaccine companies if side effects are worse than expected

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24V2EN

So it they get it wrong they cannot be held accountable.

Eagler

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2020, 04:51:41 AM »
well some >90 year old UK citizens have been having their first shots of the Pfizer this morning.

Lets hope this goes well for eveyones sake.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2020, 06:45:22 AM »
well some >90 year old UK citizens have been having their first shots of the Pfizer this morning.

Lets hope this goes well for eveyones sake.

Including the stock market..

Let us know how it goes as many here can't trust the evening news any longer

Eagler