Author Topic: CH Pedals Spiking, New Pots  (Read 753 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
CH Pedals Spiking, New Pots
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Found a source for the potentiometers on the CH Pedals, at Digi-Key.com. P/N 1040-1164-ND.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: CH Pedals Spiking, New Pots
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 11:21:38 AM »
Another couple of things to look for with those peds are loose spade connections to the pots(more likely), and wires broken inside the insulation that might not be obvious. If replacing the pots be sure to give those spade connectors a little squeeze with a needle nose to make them good and snug.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 12:00:39 PM »
Good info!!!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 10:05:07 AM »
Another couple of things to look for with those peds are loose spade connections to the pots(more likely), and wires broken inside the insulation that might not be obvious. If replacing the pots be sure to give those spade connectors a little squeeze with a needle nose to make them good and snug.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The CH Pro Pedals are poorly designed, often there is a pinched wire due to it that causes the pedals to act erratically or not at all.  If the pedals are taken apart, look at the housing where the USB cable connects to the pedals base, that is where the wire gets pinched due to poor design.  You also have to make sure that the wire also doesn't get pinched when putting the pedals back together.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »
Last night my left brake went out :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 02:28:40 PM »
Last night my left brake went out :)

That's funny. When I was still using my CH pedals my left brake went out too. That was one of the reasons I ponied up for the Simpeds. This was several years ago.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
That's funny. When I was still using my CH pedals my left brake went out too. That was one of the reasons I ponied up for the Simpeds. This was several years ago.

:salute
Sik

Mine have dust on them. Left over from when they were used to build the pyramids.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
The CH Pro Pedals are poorly designed, often there is a pinched wire due to it that causes the pedals to act erratically or not at all.  If the pedals are taken apart, look at the housing where the USB cable connects to the pedals base, that is where the wire gets pinched due to poor design.  You also have to make sure that the wire also doesn't get pinched when putting the pedals back together.

The first time I had ever talked to someone else who played flight sims outside being in the game (in this case, we were discussing Air Warrior), was with AckAck back in 1995 while he was working for CH Products as a Technical support Representative...heh... and AckAck was explaining to me how to go about fixing my pedals (or maybe it was my CH Products "Jane's" Combat Stick "......where the green wire was being pinched off.....nearly 26 years ago

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC