Author Topic: WEP TIMES  (Read 1736 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
WEP TIMES
« on: March 07, 2021, 08:52:44 PM »
Anyone know if the wep total and recharge times are on the  HTC website? Can't seem to find them.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: WEP TIMES
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 09:16:56 PM »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »
Questions on WEP.

Say you have a 5 10 15 wep.

-If you run it for 3 min does it reset to 5 10 min later?

-If you keep running it on an off say 2 min on 5 min off 2 min on 4 min off.
Does it reset only after you use it for reach 5 min of usage or after a total of 10 min has passed on the cool down

-If you were to refuel/rearm would your wep be reset?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »
Re-arm has no effect on wep times,when you're out you're out.

In the 5 10 15 example you have 5 mins of wep then require a 10 min cool down time and you have a 15 min total so you can run wep 3 times at 5 mins and require 10 mins of cool down between each 5 min period. Total cool down times would be 30 mins 3x10 mins for cool down and 3x5mins for total wep.

Basically it takes 2 mins of cool down for every min of wep,up to a total of 15 mins of wep, in the example above.This does vary somewhat with the different capabilities of each plane. IIRC the KI84 requires 1 min of cool down for every 2 mins of wep. Although as I said each plane or series is slightly different. If you look at the link Fugi supplied you will see it explained in detail.

I hope that explains thing and is the answers you're looking for.

:salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »
Re-arm has no effect on wep times,when you're out you're out.

In the 5 10 15 example you have 5 mins of wep then require a 10 min cool down time and you have a 15 min total so you can run wep 3 times at 5 mins and require 10 mins of cool down between each 5 min period. Total cool down times would be 30 mins 3x10 mins for cool down and 3x5mins for total wep.

Basically it takes 2 mins of cool down for every min of wep,up to a total of 15 mins of wep, in the example above.This does vary somewhat with the different capabilities of each plane. IIRC the KI84 requires 1 min of cool down for every 2 mins of wep. Although as I said each plane or series is slightly different. If you look at the link Fugi supplied you will see it explained in detail.

I hope that explains thing and is the answers you're looking for.

Good to "see" you again morfiend.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
Good to "see" you again morfiend.  :salute

Thx!  I'm slowly trying to get back into the swing of things,Im just tired all the time. But I'm still alive and kicking so  it's not all that bad.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 08:56:23 PM »
So so if  I only run it for a min or two and then let it cool down and I will be able to run the full 5 min in 5/10/5?
So for example I could use (wep on 2 min) followed by (wep off 5 min) and then run (full wep for 5 min straight)?
Meaning it would cool down at usage of less then 5 min and not add each usage to increment to 5 as in:
(wep on 2min) means only 3 min of wep left to reach the reset point.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »
So so if  I only run it for a min or two and then let it cool down and I will be able to run the full 5 min in 5/10/5?
So for example I could use (wep on 2 min) followed by (wep off 5 min) and then run (full wep for 5 min straight)?
Meaning it would cool down at usage of less then 5 min and not add each usage to increment to 5 as in:
(wep on 2min) means only 3 min of wep left to reach the reset point.

If I understand correctly the short answer is YES. That said you cant exceed the limits,15 mins total time and 2 mins cool down for every min of wep. again you cant exceed the maximums.

This varies with the plane series of course but again you cant exceed the maximums.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 02:07:12 PM »
A good mod for this game would be engine damage if / when WEP is abused

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 07:28:29 PM »
A good mod for this game would be engine damage if / when WEP is abused

Eagler

You're asking too much from us as pilots to monitor a temperature gauge or having the ability to run a richer air fuel mixture to cool the cylinder head down quicker at the expense of more fuel burned.

I'd bet a good amount of players in aces high don't even know you can adjust propeller pitch...

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 08:22:58 PM »
I'd bet a good amount of players in aces high don't even know you can adjust propeller pitch...

Au contraire, the E6B tells us to pull back the rpm and map for cruise flight and fuel conservation.

Although it doesn't tell us which one to do first!

- oldman

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 08:51:33 AM »
In AH I don't think it matters what order you do it. In other sims like IL2 and DCS that varies from plane to plane depending on the systems. In AH the prop pitch isn't directly adjustable, it's tied to the RPMs. You can see this on a multi-engine plane by controlling one engine, shutting it down and then adjusting the RPMs for that engine up and down. You'll see the prop pitch change. Setting the RPMs to zero will feather the prop. There's a handy fuel saving tip especially if you're leaking!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »
Nothing as fancy or PITA as in DCS and IL2..just a simple overheating popup telling you to get out of wep asap or engine damage would follow

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 09:37:12 PM »
... Setting the RPMs to zero will feather the prop. There's a handy fuel saving tip especially if you're leaking!

....also extends your glide range if you're trying deadstick and trying to glide back to base or friendly territory.....