Author Topic: Fjord MA Map  (Read 1403 times)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
Fjord MA Map
« on: December 31, 2020, 09:58:52 PM »
Just wanted to say that I enjoy the Fjord MA map a lot.

I also like the new one Kinego (?) made - I forget the name, but it is a medium-ish map size.

Anways, can we get rid of Buzzsaw and the Pizza map? lol
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: Fjord MA Map
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 08:38:45 AM »
Agreed, Fjord MA is a beautiful map and promotes good fights.  The only issue I have is the long flights to resupply Strats -- the most boring aspect of the game.  Buzzsaw suffers from Strat Fatigue in the extreme.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »
SMPizza and Buzzsaw are talked about a lot on 200 and vox.

They seem to be the least liked of them all from what I can tell.

Hopefully there are other maps in the works to replace those two. Even if a map has bugs it’d be worth trying in place of them...

My .02 and others.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 02:49:08 PM »
SMPizza and Buzzsaw are talked about a lot on 200 and vox.

They seem to be the least liked of them all from what I can tell.

Hopefully there are other maps in the works to replace those two. Even if a map has bugs it’d be worth trying in place of them...

My .02 and others.

Maps are player made. HTC hasnt made a in years except buzzsaw. Kong is the only "active" map maker we have now, I think he is on his third, so as long as he is bored in the game he will devote more time to making better playing maps.

So I vote that everyone stays away from Kong when ever he is on line. No kills, fights or "soup" for him until he comes up with a few more fun maps!   :devil

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »
We really appreciate your work Kong!

Thank you very much.

When #’s are low it can take a long time to travel to find a good fight.

The old oh just go an create one...doesn’t work as well anymore.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:48:55 PM »
There are small maps up in the AvA. And with historical setups.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 05:42:57 PM »
Maps are player made. HTC hasnt made a in years except buzzsaw. Kong is the only "active" map maker we have now, I think he is on his third, so as long as he is bored in the game he will devote more time to making better playing maps.

So I vote that everyone stays away from Kong when ever he is on line. No kills, fights or "soup" for him until he comes up with a few more fun maps!   :devil

So, that's why everyone is avoiding me!

Players can make new maps, but HTC has to do considerable testing to get them into the MA.  So, whether they get played depends on HiTech's work load and game plan.  (The "For Bribes" link might be counterproductive....)   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 05:52:43 PM »

Yeah Kongs maps have an asset to the game, he also endeavors  balances everything pretty well. :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 01:17:47 AM »
There are small maps up in the AvA. And with historical setups.

Sad part is those maps will never be seen in the MA. The Ava team devoted a lot of time making the historical type maps and historical set ups. Over the years people have been wanting a 2 sided War AvA offers that but you do not win map resets or perks if I recall. But the fights there are always fair but you the players have to make sure the sides stay even so one side does not overrun the other. So if you want to see smaller and better maps play AvA or FSO even though sometimes FSO has larger maps due to the missions
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 04:02:08 PM »
Thank you popeye / Kong for making maps.

<S>
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!