Author Topic: Issue with vehicle throttle in VR  (Read 984 times)

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Issue with vehicle throttle in VR
« on: January 01, 2021, 08:03:04 PM »
Just got the HP Reverb G2 a couple of days ago.

Flying is awesome and my controllers work fine in them.....  Vehicles...however....not so much.

In 2D I use my Warthog throttle to move forward and back...no issues.   If I go into VR however.... the Throttle no longer performs that function.

Trying to hit Shift-W with VR googles on is just not very "vr" like.    How do I get the throttle control working while IN VR.

Secondly.....going into the gun-sight is crazy.    As my head moves....so does the sight...which makes it about impossible to line up and adjust for a shot.

Is there a way to make the gun sights "lock" to the center of the display so that it is always in the center no matter how my head moves?

Thanks all... really liking the whole 3D VR World.....SA just went up about 10X!!!!!

AKSofty

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Issue with vehicle throttle in VR
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 08:53:24 PM »
In the the clipboard VR preferences select fixed tank sight.

Make sure you set the throttle in VR in mode 2 for vehicles.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 06:53:15 AM »
Thought I saw somewhere that you had to remap your hotas while in vr for those settings

To set like 6 view take the headset off and using the keys set the view and save with f10 and then when you put the headset back on the 6 view will be farther back and useable

The other view to set is straightup

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »
Thought I saw somewhere that you had to remap your hotas while in vr for those settings

To set like 6 view take the headset off and using the keys set the view and save with f10 and then when you put the headset back on the 6 view will be farther back and useable

The other view to set is straightup

Eagler
No need to take off the headset. In AH at least you can use the hat views to look around. So do that to get the direction you want, physically move your head to where the view is where you want it and press F10. Hit recenter view and you're back. I have voice attack running while in VR so I don't have to fumble with the keyboard and have a command set up there where I literally say "save head position" and it types F10. Even easier!

If you really wanted to dial it in, you have to pause tracking. There's a command for that. I have that and center mapped to my stick. You can now move your head position around with the arrow, home, Del, etc., keys while paused. Pause tracking, get the view you want to adjust, then tweak it like normal and save, hit recenter. I have voice attack set up to hit all those keys too and in shorter keypresses than are humanly possible! So it bumps it a teeny bit at a time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 03:16:06 PM »
Trying to hit Shift-W with VR googles on is just not very "vr" like.    How do I get the throttle control working while IN VR.

Secondly.....going into the gun-sight is crazy.    As my head moves....so does the sight...which makes it about impossible to line up and adjust for a shot.

There is no vehicle 'throttle' mapping. It uses forward, stop and reverse. You need to map them to axis (throttle) bands. There is a setting in VR settings somewhere to lock the gunsight view.

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 01:04:29 PM »
My slide doesnt work for GV either only planes. I use Thrustmaster hotas & it has a pair of paddles on throttle side (like your car paddle shifter). I programmed those for GV's forward & reverse plus double tap them for engine on/off.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 05:36:06 PM »
In the the clipboard VR preferences select fixed tank sight
that only seems to work in the gun site view, turret view, all over the place… see my new post for question
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40:24 PM »
If you really wanted to dial it in, you have to pause tracking. There's a command for that.
What is that command, that woukd helpful. While offline I tried ctrl F5 and it paused the game vfr wise , couldn’t unpause it however taking the headset off I could interact with the game on my monitor. Shooting in the wirble or machine gun my head is all over the place. Fixed gv site on,y helps in gunner mode, nit good for a snap shot.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
I've spent nanoseconds lifetime relatively in GVs so couldn't tell ya. Probably zero since I've been in VR. If I'm pausing tracking its usually to tweak the head position. The drill for me is : I have a button on my stick that's set long press pauses tracking, short press centers it. I'll long press to pause it then use Voice Attack to move head position to wherever, Voice Attack again to save, short press to recenter and I'm off.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 06:47:02 PM »
I get that.. to clarify, what is the keystroke your stick button is sending to pause?
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 07:13:57 PM »
I get that.. to clarify, what is the keystroke your stick button is sending to pause?

I have :

Pause = ctrl+F5
Recenter=ctrl+F4

You may have to set up a head position for the gunner position. You have to pause tracking to do that. Go to that position, pause tracking, move your head as you like, save it (F10), hit the recenter button. Done. Now when you go to the gunner position hit center, hit pause. Could just map a macro that goes "ctrl+F4, ctrl+F5". Go to the gunner position and hit that button. That way you'd be in the position with your view stuck centered in the gunsight until you hit the recenter button again. Hitting recenter will also restart tracking.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:45:43 PM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"