Author Topic: Official new guy welcome thread?  (Read 766 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Official new guy welcome thread?
« on: January 06, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »
How about a new member welcome intro/welcome thread?  Might help some of the new guys with asking questions and the steep learning curve.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Official new guy welcome thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »
Or,you could direct them to a trainer and make an appointment for help. And have them ask questions in the help and training forum.

It's a great idea to welcome new players to the game though. :aok

:salute

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 10:27:05 AM »
Uh...  New guy reporting in. Which end do the bullets come out?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »
First step would be to get the new guys to co.e to the message board. I doubt most even know they have a message board here

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 11:26:05 AM »
First step would be to get the new guys to co.e to the message board. I doubt most even know they have a message board here

Agreed,maybe an arena wide message with a link to the forum being broadcast a few times a day would help guide some to the forum. I know there's a link in the clipboard but few understand how to manage the clipboard.

:salute

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 12:20:31 PM »
A more visible link on the website might help the new guys find the forum. Everyone can find the download under the title of "Download". How obvious is it to find "Forum" under "Support"? For a man, and most of AH'ers are male, seeking for support is not an option. Real men don't read manuals!

Put the link to the forum directly on the front side as a giant sign with flashing lights saying "Best Bar in the Universe"!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni