Author Topic: Bring Back ENY - Bish always have 2x players  (Read 9392 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Bring Back ENY - Bish always have 2x players
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2021, 06:23:21 AM »
Helps even sides that will not numerically even.

Do I get a cookie?

“Helps even sides” is a subjective assessment that is really meaningless.  How is a single individual player’s experience improved?  How many player’s experience will it improve? By how much? How many will it degrade and by how much? 

In my assessment ENY limits improve few players very little and degrades many players a great deal. As a scheme it has a large net degradation on aggregate player experience.

If the vague idea of “even” is some principle that is supposed to improve player experience, the ENY scheme based on gross team numbers is not effective in achieving a net improvement in player experience.

perhaps that could be achieved with a different scheme but not this specific one.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline XEROX

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2021, 07:19:35 AM »
Hi. be honest -this game for many is a ego shooter. Team players have to struggle to get along. ENY is a attempt to balance sides but too many enemys are too many doesnt matter what they fly.
But the biggest problem is-we dont get enough new players.And how? They join and realize that they dont stand a chance wich takes away all the fun,so they leave.

New guys should fly with a different colour so they can be recognized by all players,helping them to learn.

BTW-there is no such thing like bish,knits or rooks. We are all Aces High and if you forget that the game is dead!

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2021, 08:01:49 AM »
Hi. be honest -this game for many is a ego shooter. Team players have to struggle to get along. ENY is a attempt to balance sides but too many enemys are too many doesnt matter what they fly.
But the biggest problem is-we dont get enough new players.And how? They join and realize that they dont stand a chance wich takes away all the fun,so they leave.

New guys should fly with a different colour so they can be recognized by all players,helping them to learn.

BTW-there is no such thing like bish,knits or rooks. We are all Aces High and if you forget that the game is dead!

This.  :rock

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2021, 08:57:49 AM »
“Helps even sides” is a subjective assessment that is really meaningless.  How is a single individual player’s experience improved?  How many player’s experience will it improve? By how much? How many will it degrade and by how much? 

In my assessment ENY limits improve few players very little and degrades many players a great deal. As a scheme it has a large net degradation on aggregate player experience.

If the vague idea of “even” is some principle that is supposed to improve player experience, the ENY scheme based on gross team numbers is not effective in achieving a net improvement in player experience.

perhaps that could be achieved with a different scheme but not this specific one.  :salute

People are broken. From your post I get you are unhappy because you can't change sides to help improve the game for everyone. You instead just want to improve the game for you.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2021, 09:45:00 AM »
People are broken. From your post I get you are unhappy because you can't change sides to help improve the game for everyone. You instead just want to improve the game for you.

You would be completely wrong in your assessment of my feelings; as you are about what makes other people happy, and about how the game should change to fix their (imagined) unhappiness.   Sorry Shuffler , I like you but you are off by a mile on this  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2021, 10:28:28 AM »
You would be completely wrong in your assessment of my feelings; as you are about what makes other people happy, and about how the game should change to fix their (imagined) unhappiness.   Sorry Shuffler , I like you but you are off by a mile on this  :salute

Ok... but that is how your post look to me. I otherwise did not think you were that way.

I have not been on since the new implementation. Might fly tonight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2021, 05:12:33 PM »

How is a single individual player’s experience improved?

Back in the Airwarrior days their rule was..... do what's best for the game, the players are never happy, all at the same time.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2021, 05:33:19 PM »
Since Hitech started the AutoChangeCountry option, sides have been extremely balanced numbers wise.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2021, 05:44:10 PM »
Since Hitech started the AutoChangeCountry option, sides have been extremely balanced numbers wise.

Sides are usually balanced. You can tell if its working buy the number of Green names in the roster. if its 3 or 4 probably not doing much. hopefully the numbers using the feature will rise.
Who is John Galt?

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2021, 05:50:21 PM »
About an hour ago in the MA, sides numbers were nearly exact.  Now i just checked and sides are 36 37 37 so Hitechs system must be working. I looked at the roster and Im guessing about 15% of players are green which means they chose the AutoCountry option.

Of course this is with the temporary X 10 perk bonus.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2021, 06:11:37 PM »
You don't need everyone to turn on auto switch. If 10% of players have it on thats probably enough to keep most imbalances within reasom

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2021, 06:51:18 PM »
Well as with most things tried...it only been a thing, 5 days! We will see! The numbers are always Equal- until they aren't?
 I enjoyed not having ENY, for those unequal times. I dont mind fighting Tempests and -4Hogs and 262's...if I can have My 16 or 51. I dont like leaving my team to fly something off a CV, better than an F4f or SBD, jmho but we shall see what happens, and go from there :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
Back in the Airwarrior days their rule was..... do what's best for the game, the players are never happy, all at the same time.

Heh.  I remember Moggy saying that you could get them all la!d, and people would still gripe.

- oldman

Online Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2021, 09:42:36 PM »
Sides are usually balanced. You can tell if its working buy the number of Green names in the roster. if its 3 or 4 probably not doing much. hopefully the numbers using the feature will rise.

When I was on tonight, the time I counted it was 23 green names, sides were balanced, and the fights we were finding were good.  Both sides were upping and fighting, not meeting resistance and moving somewhere else.  I don't know why, but it was a good night.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2021, 02:17:45 AM »
It was rather strange yesterday, 36 Bish online, 16 inflight. Maybe they were taking a hot cocoa break.  :cheers:
hence the lousy eny. Tower campers should not count in eny or be kicked. Numbers don’t mean numbers active, eny is based on numbers only and is not close to fair.
"Harden The F_ck Up”