Author Topic: Covid Sucks  (Read 2645 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: Covid Sucks
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 01:25:41 PM »
I also have covid pneumonia

Doing much better, Head finally cleared yesterday so sinus headache gone. Only effects I notice now is winded when going up and down stairs to my office along loss of smell. Tanking Antibiotics and Steroids as well as inhaler. 

I monitor O2 and heart rate back to my normal at rest rate.

HiTech

Hi Dale,

Hope things go well for you and you and your sweetie get  better soon!  My 92 year old dad was in the hospital with Covid pneumonia after some time of denial that he had Covid.  He had convinced himself he was getting better as my sister watched him decline, until she convinced him to go in.    He's better now, they turned him around quickly.  I'm hoping that he can find and share details of his treatment while in the hospital.  They had him on Vitamin B-1, Zinc and eliquis when he went home.  The eliquis is a blood thinner; they were concerned about the possibility of throwing clots.

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 01:32:12 PM »
My wife and I had it back in November. She was in the hospital for a week and I had a 3-day backache as my only symptom. Now the wife just tested positive again. No symptoms this time around, so not sure if it is just some residual virus being shed or if it is new. Son was home the whole time we were sick and never got it. Parents are in their 60s got it and they said it was like the normal flu for 4 days.

This thing hits different for everyone.

Get better soon HT.
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »
I've had covid since 1/29 and been on the couch the last week ,hence was not responding to emails.

Got some steroids yesterday that improved the situation a lot. So today I felt like eating and had enough energy to sit at my desk. Wife had it also she only had 2 days of body ache loss of smell and that was it.

HiTech

Get well  :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 01:21:10 AM »
See rule 14
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:32:39 AM by hitech »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 06:57:55 AM »
See rule 14
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 10:34:14 AM by hitech »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2021, 09:37:28 AM »
 :uhoh

:pray

:salute

P.S.  :cheers::ahand

:salute

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2021, 09:39:11 AM »
My family has not had Covid, so far.  I have a friend who is recovering from Covid.  He said it was like getting hit with a truck and then having that truck park on his chest.  Fortunately he was down for two or three weeks, then up and around again, but he still gets tired easily.

So take care of you and your family.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2021, 02:00:59 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes.

I also have covid pneumonia

Doing much better, Head finally cleared yesterday so sinus headache gone. Only effects I notice now is winded when going up and down stairs to my office along loss of smell. Tanking Antibiotics and Steroids as well as inhaler. 

I monitor O2 and heart rate back to my normal at rest rate.

HiTech

I’m sure you know this already but in case you or others don’t, heart rate/pulse can go up when you’re fighting an infection. In addition the albuterol and other similar inhalers are a stimulant and will raise your pulse.

Many people with asthma who use them find if they need it at night it’s hard to sleep.

Hope you’re on the upswing now!  :pray
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2021, 12:00:42 PM »
Dang, I missed all this. I hope you're fully recovered now. If not, get well soon.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2021, 08:45:34 AM »
Little sister called last night...she has it

She is 59 with lung issues

Headed to hospital today for some sort of infusion   

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2021, 07:28:52 PM »
So sorry to hear that Dale!  Hope you and your wife have a speedy recovery and can get a vaccine soon!  Meanwhile, as mentioned above, take Vitamin D and we also take Zinc tablets.  Husband (was Zeb here) had his first vaccine last Saturday, and I get mine next Sunday.  <3
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »
Hope you feel better soon HT, C19 can really suck.

I tested positive on Feb 8th myself, I have a very overactive immune system though with SLE/Lupus, and it beat off the C19 symptoms in just a few days, and I felt 100% within 7 days of noticing the first cold like symptoms.

My father on the other hand is in the ICU with it right now, as he tested positive about the same time I did.

This virus can have wildly different effects with people.

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2021, 08:51:20 PM »
I just got out of the hospital on Saturday, had covid, was doing okay, then I just couldn't hold anything down. Got dehydrated, was talking gibberish, put in the hospital, got iv and Remdisivar and steroid treatments. I have Covid pneumonia lung damage, but Doctor says minor issues. Have four more days of steroid and oxygen treatments. The worse part is the steroids are really making me antsy, can't concentrate and actually don't really care to pay attention to anything.
Anyone who thinks this crap is a hoax is an idiot, it sucks...

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 06:59:17 PM »
I've had covid since 1/29 and been on the couch the last week ,hence was not responding to emails.

Got some steroids yesterday that improved the situation a lot. So today I felt like eating and had enough energy to sit at my desk. Wife had it also she only had 2 days of body ache loss of smell and that was it.

HiTech

WHOA Hitech!   Very sorry to see this.  Im behind.  Sure glad to hear from other post you are getting better  <Salute> to you and your family.
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 07:53:16 PM »
Dale!  So sorry you're battling covid-19,   keep on fighting every moment,  sleep on your stomach not the back, do everything to push push push fight fight fight.  It wan'ts you to sleep, but also need to move around even though you don't feel like it.   

Stretch hands above chest,  breathing exercises,  etc.

After the plethora of recovery testimonials I've seen online and from two of my friends personally impacted after catching it.   

Scary stuff.
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-