Author Topic: Breaking bad  (Read 3612 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Breaking bad
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 08:14:34 AM »
Not the show.

But breaking bad habits. How did you do it?

If you smoked, drank, ate garbage food, worried too much about everything...etc

I know so many ppl right now that have been affected by Covid in different ways. I’m seeing myself and many others struggling with making better choices.

Just one example having a bag of chips instead of saying to myself there’s grapes or bananas instead.

You have to want it. The fear of death helps. Kids, job, your internal will, whatever, you have to want it.

You need to find a positive outlet for your time that reinforces your goal. A job, a project, a support group.

You can not go back to your old ways. Even once will reset you back.

Stay the course of positive action. Getting sleep so you are ready for tomorrow's goals, or maybe you enjoy your positive productivity and on you go. Just dont stay trapped.  Keep going or rest to keep going.

Remove the bad, build the good.  Easier said than done.

There are ways and people that can help too.  A good woman and friends, treatment centers.

:salute

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »
AHIII is very good

Nothing like debts to get you up in the morning :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »
You have to want it. The fear of death helps. Kids, job, your internal will, whatever, you have to want it.

You need to find a positive outlet for your time that reinforces your goal. A job, a project, a support group.

You can not go back to your old ways. Even once will reset you back.

Stay the course of positive action. Getting sleep so you are ready for tomorrow's goals, or maybe you enjoy your positive productivity and on you go. Just dont stay trapped.  Keep going or rest to keep going.

Remove the bad, build the good.  Easier said than done.

There are ways and people that can help too.  A good woman and friends, treatment centers.

:salute

Once you get married, your internal will is gone  :old:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2021, 04:07:01 PM »
Once you get married, your internal will is gone  :old:

I always tell folks, "my wife is a little brunette country gal, 5'2" and kicks 6'5". I ain't scared of her or nothing but if you ever meet her... don't tell her I said that."
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2021, 07:03:52 PM »
When I first started as a young turn supervisor in 1970, men on the Furnace chewed or dipped to keep their mouths wet.  Working on blast furnaces is a different world.  Many Hazards from severe burns from molten slag and iron and constant heat, let alone carbon monoxide poisining.  when one wears insulated underwear to keep insulated from the heat even in 90 degree weather it tells you about the environment.  On my second day someone offered me a dip of Copenhagen.  I took it, the room spun around and I felt faint.  For 38 years I dipped Copenhagen.  When I retired 9 years ago I vowed to kick the habit. For a fact, I did it so long I didn't expectorate, I just swallowed the juice.  So I looked for something to help me quit the habit.  I found it.  It is called ZYN.  It's coffee in a pounch instead of tobacco.  Can be purchased with either 6 or 3 Mg's of nicotine.  I weaned myself from dipping anything entirely.  It was gradual but it worked.  I'm glad it did.
- The Flying Circus -

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2021, 10:37:39 PM »
Hurt? You can get killed easy in an accident operating a furnace.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2021, 10:39:14 AM »
My bad habits WERE my addictions, smoking, thinking and solely believing that I was not living or living the right way if I was without any open can of beer. I was also at this time which was very unfortunate living on my un needed Harley Davidson springer softail with an L.L.Bean backpack full of Sam Adams!

What happened to me while I was on my motorcycle and could not even walk or see straight I was seen by a Southbury Ct cop who saw how drunk I was so he came flying up the road like a batt out of hell and slamed into me with his amazinhunk Expedition throwing me off the road on my bike and off the cliff that is still there off of the road "North Georges hill". I ended up with no helmet stopping abruptly with my skull smashing into a tree spilling my frontal lobe or brain into my eyes which took away my sight.
All of that toejam I just went through ended up taking my life which led me to the one man who would change my life and for what he would do to me and allow me to do I will NEVER STOP LOVING/PRAYING and even just talking to him about what became every single thing I would do in my day. That same day he would give me and allow me to live.

You see, I was taken from this earth and then told it wasn't my time yet and I was given the one opportunity that I did take to return home and "do it the right way"... Before I did return back to which would be my Hospital bed 4 almost 5 months later and came out of the coma that I fell into and when I came out and dame back I was in my loving Mothers Arms the only woman who will ever love me almost as much as Jesus Christ my one true savior. And while I was on that hospital bed, that urge which began to control each and every day or life. That urge to drink and Smoke ( I was up to 3 packs a day) the alcohol which in effect took my life was all gone only because my Jesus, My savior told me to stop living again with and on.

You see I came home a "new virgin" in which I will never have either a cigarette or a drop of alcohol for the rest of my life. And no one in creation will ever successfully say to me that there is nothing up there and there is nothing up there and np Jesus Christ"! They will ALWAYS AND FOREVER FAIL because I was with both!

When I did more return to my days and daily life was without my daily conversation to Rob or "Mars01" which is his handle here. Also that almost endless amount of time and constantly flying his Pitts on his dime and doing it with a TON of love because it was almost better than sex!!! But nah nothing ever would be!!! Except the meeting my Jesus Christ!

That's my story and my life that I was given and given back.
Morph.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2021, 10:40:13 AM »
Hurt? You can get killed easy in an accident operating a furnace.

True that.  Unfortunately I remember that happening.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
My bad habits WERE my addictions, smoking, thinking and solely believing that I was not living or living the right way if I was without any open can of beer. I was also at this time which was very unfortunate living on my un needed Harley Davidson springer softail with an L.L.Bean backpack full of Sam Adams!

What happened to me while I was on my motorcycle and could not even walk or see straight I was seen by a Southbury Ct cop who saw how drunk I was so he came flying up the road like a batt out of hell and slamed into me with his amazinhunk Expedition throwing me off the road on my bike and off the cliff that is still there off of the road "North Georges hill". I ended up with no helmet stopping abruptly with my skull smashing into a tree spilling my frontal lobe or brain into my eyes which took away my sight.
All of that toejam I just went through ended up taking my life which led me to the one man who would change my life and for what he would do to me and allow me to do I will NEVER STOP LOVING/PRAYING and even just talking to him about what became every single thing I would do in my day. That same day he would give me and allow me to live.

You see, I was taken from this earth and then told it wasn't my time yet and I was given the one opportunity that I did take to return home and "do it the right way"... Before I did return back to which would be my Hospital bed 4 almost 5 months later and came out of the coma that I fell into and when I came out and dame back I was in my loving Mothers Arms the only woman who will ever love me almost as much as Jesus Christ my one true savior. And while I was on that hospital bed, that urge which began to control each and every day or life. That urge to drink and Smoke ( I was up to 3 packs a day) the alcohol which in effect took my life was all gone only because my Jesus, My savior told me to stop living again with and on.

You see I came home a "new virgin" in which I will never have either a cigarette or a drop of alcohol for the rest of my life. And no one in creation will ever successfully say to me that there is nothing up there and there is nothing up there and np Jesus Christ"! They will ALWAYS AND FOREVER FAIL because I was with both!

When I did more return to my days and daily life was without my daily conversation to Rob or "Mars01" which is his handle here. Also that almost endless amount of time and constantly flying his Pitts on his dime and doing it with a TON of love because it was almost better than sex!!! But nah nothing ever would be!!! Except the meeting my Jesus Christ!

That's my story and my life that I was given and given back.
Morph.

:aok

The GFC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing your near death experience with us Morph

You have been blessed with such a vision

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 02:31:14 PM »
I saw a UFO once  :old:

I never got probed or cannot remember said violation

The GFC

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2021, 11:54:10 PM »
Meditating is like listening for a faint sound. For a few seconds you are focused and your mind is still. Then typically you start thinking about meditating instead of meditating.

The actual practice is focusing your attention.  I find that focusing on stretching is good practice since many of us are tight and have limited range of motion.  Also it's typical for people stretching to do it wrong because they aren't relaxed and focused on releasing tightness. So you get two complementary benefits from the time spent. Get a good book on stretching and do the daily routine with active meditation.

THIS.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2021, 07:49:49 PM »
‘...I find that focusing on stretching is good practice since many of us are tight and have limited range of motion.  Also it's typical for people stretching to do it wrong because they aren't relaxed and focused on releasing tightness. So you get two complementary benefits from the time spent. Get a good book on stretching and do the daily routine with active meditation.

Seems you’re really on to something there!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/stretching-is-more-beneficial-than-walking-to-lower-high-blood-pressure_3662212.html
They're casting their bait over there, see?