Author Topic: No range or vox  (Read 634 times)

Offline bgoldy

• Zinc Member
No range or vox
« on: January 23, 2021, 10:24:51 PM »
So this has just started happening as of today, log off last night from fso and everything was fine and dandy. Log in this afternoon into the MA and I can not hear any voices on vox or range. Log into a player arena and can hear my own voice play back and another person on vox so I know my stuff is somewhat working properly but when it comes to the MA I get nothing. Any ideas?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: No range or vox
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 02:49:26 AM »
Shut your computer down by keeping the Shift button down while clicking Shutdown. Start normally. That should eliminate any cumulative glitches in Windows. That may not fix your issue but you'll get a clean base to start digging.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline bgoldy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »
Yeah, still nothing.. would a full uninstall reinstall potentially fix it?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:06:02 AM »
Potentially yes. Before doing that you can try renaming the Settings folder. Basically renaming just the vox file should do the trick but I'm not sure which files are involved. Ahvoc.cfg seems to be a good guess, and if that's not enough, Fmodsnd.cfg would be the next to try. Rename them to something you easily can revert, like OldAhvoc.cfg.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »
Odd it just happens in the one arena tho. Odder that it's just the vox and not the other sounds. Did you try the  .resetv command? That one will reset your vox. Worth a try and easier than reinstalling.

Sometimes I have strange but otherwise fixable problems with sound. Mine are usually associated with an update scrambling my devices around. Oculus is the worst offender here. Because of that I've gotten into the habit of checking my playback and recording devices after an oculus update as I've had stuff like this happen. It'll add a virtual device and make it the primary. I believe this is for a Quest but I have a RiftS. Homegenizing the softwares wasn't the best idea because of things like that. This happened to me this past Friday. I didn't check and logged in to fly FSO and had no mic. It hadn't changed any settings in a few updates so I hadn't bothered to check. Sure enough! I just put things back and was able to fly. Just gotta know where to look. When it scrambles the devices it'll mess up the other programs that depend on them too.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline bgoldy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »
The resetv worked. Thanks

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 07:45:47 PM »
Awesome! Was a shot in the dark.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:39 AM »
Again a lesson learned: Try the simplest things first!

I didn't even remember .resetv since every time it's needed it's either the automatic thing to do or someone in the squad reminds about it so it's fixed in half a minute.

Kotisivuni

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 02:44:17 AM »
just use discord
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys