Author Topic: How to stop water pipes from freezing  (Read 3045 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: How to stop water pipes from freezing
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 12:28:45 PM »
You speak for North Carolinian?

Your certainty and self opinionated Weltanschauung is self evident

Trump? He has gone now, get over it, Don Lemon, Kimmel and the rest of your celebrity idols need to do the same.

If i were in charge i would make you Gauleiter of Iceland

I do not speak North Carolinian. My worldview is biased, guilty, but isn't everyone's? I used trump as a verb here, not a noun.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 01:51:23 PM »
Not allowing the full capacity and output of energy during times of crisis is a crime against humanity.

"Dark Winter"... always be prepping.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »
True. I love my state (NC) and will argue that it is the best in the union for a plethora of reasons. But my pride in being a North Carolinian does not look like fanaticism as it does from Texans. Never does my love of state get confused with localized patriotism which would trump national patriotism. It is a very Texas thing that I suppose non-Texans see and do not understand that Texans do not see, but understand. Someone should write a Sociological essay on the matter  :old:.

Stronger marketing campaign. (Meaning it not so easy to judge nuances of patriotism.)

Additionally the culture represents a simple and desirable humanistic quality prided on self sufficiency and happiness.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:53:48 PM by NatCigg »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
I will never understand why a Texan's pride of being from Texas verges on nationalism.

Many of my Texan relatives are quite proud of being from Texas...their home as was replied to you. However, they’d laugh at your statement of verging on “nationalism.”  America first to them...

Almost everyone I’ve met from NY thinks the world revolves around it and that it’s the greatest place on earth. See I ❤️ NY T-shirts?
     A close friend of mine was living in Thailand during the attacks on 9/11, he said in Thailand it was just a “blip on the radar” as news.

In College at CSU - Ft. Collins I had made many friends from Chicago. There were so many of them they basically formed a click. They often spoke about how great Chicago is. I asked a few of them if it’s that great why did they come to Colorado? Either not much of a reply or “to party and ski.” Most of them stayed in Colorado  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:54:32 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2021, 03:25:48 PM »
It's like the million that came to Texas from California and all they want to do is tell us how great it is there.

I ask them why they don't move back. Same kinda answer. :headscratch:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:29:41 PM by hazmatt »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2021, 01:32:28 AM »
It's like the million that came to Texas from California and all they want to do is tell us how great it is there.

I ask them why they don't move back. Same kinda answer. :headscratch:

They'll turn Texas into California for you.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2021, 04:44:46 AM »
They'll turn Texas into California for you.