Author Topic: Amazon charities  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Amazon charities
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 08:38:17 PM »
The US has given over 90% of the world's total charity on amazon....how is that poor tipping?

I was not sure of those #s representing US at 90%. Looks like maybe 45% goes to US and 55% to the rest of the world if you don't include US#s in World total.

I was kinda jokin and trying to figure out the OP's issue with the #s
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 10:40:56 PM »
The US has given over 90% of the world's total charity on amazon....how is that poor tipping?

I'm not sure that's what it means.

Could be wrong, but I think that the dollar numbers for charities are entirely from US users of Amazon. Would explain why the international charities received so little compared to the total. Must users selected a stateside charity.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 12:20:04 AM »
   I was not sure of those #s representing US at 90%. Looks like maybe 45% goes to US and 55% to the rest of the world if you don't include US#s in World total.

I was kinda jokin and trying to figure out the OP's issue with the #s
i consider the US as a place on the world wide scale... they do too.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 12:32:20 AM »

actually if I understand correctly, you don't give any money, Amazon gives 5% of whatever money you spend to a charity of your choice.

but I do have first hand experience on some wealthy areas that would do anything to get out of paying but that's adifferent story.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 04:38:36 AM »
My charity of choice takes care of orphans and victims of severe weather in SE Asia and the Pacific Islands. Last year Amazon stopped supporting that charity, so now I support a train museum somewhere.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 08:25:59 AM »
  I closed my Amazon account and I now deal with companies directly and give to my favorite charities directly.
   Better to deal with charities that have a good history with most going to those in need than some that take 90% for administrative costs.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 02:21:48 PM »
actually if I understand correctly, you don't give any money, Amazon gives 5% of whatever money you spend to a charity of your choice.

It’s 0.5%
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 11:27:57 PM »
It’s 0.5%

correct it's .5%

been looking into amazon charities and it looks to me like the amount mentioned in world charities also includes us charities.  think they try to make themselves look better as 2 different amounts.  a lot of us charities supported are actually supporting world charities.  every link that I have found on amazon's public statements only mentions 1 figure.  a lot of other charities supported by amazon I wouldnt give a single penny, but that is just my opinion.

a couple of weeks ago I was asked to contribute to 1 that is very well known in the us, I told the nice lady that I've been friends for a couple of years that I couldnt support it.  she asked me why?  it's only 2 bucks and it's for a good cause.  I just looked her in the eyes and said I have my own thoughts about it and she would only get upset if I told her why.  I would rather keep my opinion to myself and still be friends. she accepted that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 02:22:24 PM »
That’s the discrepancy I see Semp.

The US donations exceed International donations by an enormous amount.

Why do US Amazon customers donate so much more?

It’s not that it’s hard to find or difficult to do...it’s right there on any Amazon customers account dashboard to use.
They're casting their bait over there, see?