Author Topic: Honor Guard  (Read 1677 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Honor Guard
« on: March 07, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
With the recent passing of several long time players I feel Aces High needs an Honor Guard. A group who practice the missing man fly overs and other memorial service details. I think we owe the people of this community that much after seeing the love and respect shown at Dr7's service.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Honor Guard
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 09:19:01 PM »
Like.....

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 10:54:19 PM »
I was literally thinking this the other night...
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »
 :aok
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 10:20:38 AM »
 :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 11:32:03 AM »
I think it should be left to their squadies and friends. they have a better idea on how to organize a memorial.

not that I'm against the idea, but it's a personal decision by close friends and squad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 03:25:39 PM »
I think it should be left to their squadies and friends. they have a better idea on how to organize a memorial.

not that I'm against the idea, but it's a personal decision by close friends and squad.

semp

Missing man fly overs like Puma displayed and ground vehicle salutes.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »
Missing man fly overs like Puma displayed and ground vehicle salutes.

I know, but will the guard be on stand-by everytime? what if they can't? who decides who's in it? what if the squad decides one of the guard should not be part of the guard.

heart is in the right place, but i think it's better to leave it to the squads and closest friends.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 09:07:20 PM »
On a similar note. I think it would be great if hitech would retire the names of long standing well know players if they have passed away. In game name dr7 should never be issued to anyone else in my opinion. Don't think anyone would do that but you never know. Maybe even start a "hall of fame" type page on the website.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 02:27:18 AM »
On a similar note. I think it would be great if hitech would retire the names of long standing well know players if they have passed away. In game name dr7 should never be issued to anyone else in my opinion. Don't think anyone would do that but you never know. Maybe even start a "hall of fame" type page on the website.

:aok On this topic for names of Players who played this game for a long time and also to others who helped out in the game their names should be retired
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 04:25:02 AM »

:aok On this topic for names of Players who played this game for a long time and also to others who helped out in the game their names should be retired
Y    E    S!   Its been hard to play recently! Eh, this too shall pass!!! I hope :uhoh Love you guys!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 08:48:35 AM »
Y    E    S!   Its been hard to play recently! Eh, this too shall pass!!! I hope :uhoh Love you guys!

Don't you even THINK about leaving 1stpar3, you are a foundation member of this community!  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 11:42:13 AM »

World War II online as monuments and plaques  to fallen players inside of towns.... something like maybe?

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »
Darkwood, I like your idea.

Back a few years ago, before I created a new BB account, I used to join in 'non-combat' fly overs.  Typically just long range missions from one airbase to another or an occasional meetup in the middle of the map at a designated waypoint with other country members ... no combat in respect and sharing memories of those.

guncrasher has a good point about it being left to their squadies and friends.

However, I really like CAV's suggestion here.

We would have to work with Hitech and figure out either how to help him do this or document how to do something like this, if possible. 

Or, a custom skin for an aircraft or vehicle with their name included in the skin?  That might be more adaptable and more flexible. 

World War II online as monuments and plaques  to fallen players inside of towns.... something like maybe?

CAV
Uncle Fred

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 05:18:27 PM »

However, I really like CAV's suggestion here.

Or, a custom skin for an aircraft or vehicle with their name included in the skin?  That might be more adaptable and more flexible.

Like a custom M18 skin with Dr7 over the drivers window

CO--The Bad Guys