Author Topic: Does anybody have a AH1 or AH2 set-up files?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Krasniy

• Zinc Member
Does anybody have a AH1 or AH2 set-up files?
« on: March 16, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »
Currently, AH3's offline missions were to meet and engage enemies instantly. I think this is just an exercise to improve combat skills.
However, the previous missions of AH2 are different. There were many scenario missions that took off directly from the runway and moved while flying in formation for a certain period of time to encounter and engage the enemy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkBifv2fGIk
I have most of the offline mission files on AHwiki.

The version of AH1 that I have is 2.13.1 from 2008, and I had the high resolution pack at first, but it was lost while moving the file, so I don't have it now.
And the AH2 version I have is 2.29.1 from 2012 and has a 2048 high resolution pack.

The reason I'm looking for the old version is to have fun doing scenario missions with various renewed aircraft.
I had an updated version of Yak-3 a long time ago, but I accidentally deleted the installation file and lost it.
In the past, I can download the desired version directly by entering it into an Internet address, but now it is not possible.
So I sent an e-mail to the operator and asked for it, but unpleasantly, what came back to me was to give a cynical answer or answer silently.

Now AH3 is too high specification compared to AH1 and AH2.
And the AH3 has become very inconvenient to control the mouse. I just want to play offline with the old version.

If any of you have AH1, AH2 installation files and 2048 high resolution files, please share them.
Then I will send you the offline mission files that I have in return. If you want.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:10:52 PM by Krasniy »

Offline Krasniy

• Zinc Member
Re: Does anybody have a AH1 or AH2 set-up files?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 12:20:13 PM »
Yeah, thanks a lot! :x
And I remember the last LAN play available in that version.
Thank you again for AH2 set-up file and high resolution files.
Would you like to receive my offmiss files in return for your help?

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 09:02:33 PM »
No, Thank you anyway.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 04:26:10 PM »
Currently, AH3's offline missions were to meet and engage enemies instantly. I think this is just an exercise to improve combat skills.
However, the previous missions of AH2 are different. There were many scenario missions that took off directly from the runway and moved while flying in formation for a certain period of time to encounter and engage the enemy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkBifv2fGIk
I have most of the offline mission files on AHwiki.

The version of AH1 that I have is 2.13.1 from 2008, and I had the high resolution pack at first, but it was lost while moving the file, so I don't have it now.
And the AH2 version I have is 2.29.1 from 2012 and has a 2048 high resolution pack.

The reason I'm looking for the old version is to have fun doing scenario missions with various renewed aircraft.
I had an updated version of Yak-3 a long time ago, but I accidentally deleted the installation file and lost it.
In the past, I can download the desired version directly by entering it into an Internet address, but now it is not possible.
So I sent an e-mail to the operator and asked for it, but unpleasantly, what came back to me was to give a cynical answer or answer silently.

Now AH3 is too high specification compared to AH1 and AH2.
And the AH3 has become very inconvenient to control the mouse. I just want to play offline with the old version.

If any of you have AH1, AH2 installation files and 2048 high resolution files, please share them.
Then I will send you the offline mission files that I have in return. If you want.

I'm not exactly sure what it all means.  AH1 and AH2, is this for promotional purposes or something else?

Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 04:40:54 PM »
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jfhrwkrb17eoalj/AH1114.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g450v30aaduq0n8/AH2124.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eim7pq9gyb1xb6h/AH_HIRES_212.zip/file

Hope that this helps. I think that AH2124 is the last LAN play.

ColTomb, how do we download and use these files?  the download links appear to have several bait links.

Thanks
Uncle Fred

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 06:28:06 AM »
Click the link, click the blue Download box, select "Save File". Click OK. Choose where you want to save the download, desktop or to a folder. Click save. 'Right' click on the saved file. Select extract to AH2124 or whatever file you downloaded. Double click the extracted folder.

I have downloaded all 3 links, and they all work. I did get a background popup for bitcoin, but only one for the full download session. Not a series of them. I do use Hosts Files
to block a lot of that popup crap, and works very good.

https://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

The links I posted are for older Aces High versions of the Game. If you are feeling a bit nostalgic and want a blast from the past, try AH1114 and see how much the game has changed.
You may need a Windows XP operating system to install it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 06:40:29 AM by ColTomb »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 07:35:50 AM »
I might have to check that out. I just put together a retro PC wth both XP and 98SE.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 07:39:04 AM »

Way back when, I used to save my files to disc whenever I did a reformat.
Was looking in my old stuff and found AH1012.exe and DirectX 8.1, and another disc with AH2021,exe on it.
Not sure how I would go about it, but if possible, I'd like to make those available to those who would want those files.

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 08:12:29 AM »
eddiek, Check your PM.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 11:58:43 AM »

PM checked, replied to.
Even compressed, all of the files exceed the 25mb limit for emailing them via Google Mail.
Stored them in my Google Drive and gave you access to them.
So far what I found and uploaded are:

AH1092
AH2021
AH2082
AH2108
AHHIRES
DX81eng

And since my love for online flight sims started there, and IIRC HiTech and Pyro were the original authors, I included the last version of WB I played before migrating over to AH:

WB2.77r3

Let me know how things work out.

Now I am kinda thinking of how much of a challenge it would be to build a retro machine, one that could utilize WinXP or another version so these older versions could be played.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:20 PM »
Many years ago HT offered the Disk for sale.  I still have it!

- The Flying Circus -

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
Many years ago HT offered the Disk for sale.  I still have it!

Yep, found that one too.  Never took it out of the package.  Not sure WHY I kept it all these years tho..........lol

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 10:14:02 AM »

Offline Krasniy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »
It's really perfect. I sincerely thank the referee for providing the installation file for the new version of AH2 that I wanted!
By the way, does anyone have a HIRES 213 file of the old version of AH2?
Most offline missions work reliably in that version.