Author Topic: Post Number of Active Planes Up Weekly Chart  (Read 422 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Post Number of Active Planes Up Weekly Chart
« on: March 24, 2021, 06:52:54 AM »
Hello,

In another thread I shared a new technique I was trying.  I got a snarky reply:

...Wow! Whodathunkit? I really should try that when I'm not ... flying halfway across the map! Thanks man!

While going off topic in the thread was NOT cool.  He voiced something that we all would like to know: when can we fly when there are planes in the air to combat?

Sure we can all take a general stab at it.  How about facts though?

Wish
Add a page on the Aces High website that shows the number of active planes up each day hour-by-hour for the most recent week.

This would allow many to know the best times to fly to engage in aerial combat.

EDIT: Perhaps players who last upped a plane that have been in the tower more than 10 minutes should not be counted.

Thank you,

X15  :salute

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 06:57:19 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Post Number of Active Planes Up Weekly Chart
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 07:32:41 AM »
Well since you went off topic in your own first post here I'll help you along. Snarky? Maybe. But you're not a newb so I found it rather incredible you've only just had a revelation that taking less fuel and ammo in a plane will help it perform better! That's not exactly a secret since like forever over multiple sims.

Pretty much every plane flies like a truck loaded down with fuel and ammo. The pony especially so until the aft tank is dry. NOBODY does that in other than an event where you might have to fly a great distance, fight and then have to make it home another great distance. Main Arena play on a full load? You're kidding right? It's like a sector to the fight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
Well since you went off topic in your own first post here I'll help you along. Snarky? Maybe. But you're not a newb so I found it rather incredible you've only just had a revelation that taking less fuel and ammo in a plane will help it perform better! That's not exactly a secret since like forever over multiple sims.

Pretty much every plane flies like a truck loaded down with fuel and ammo. The pony especially so until the aft tank is dry. NOBODY does that in other than an event where you might have to fly a great distance, fight and then have to make it home another great distance. Main Arena play on a full load? You're kidding right? It's like a sector to the fight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalkgame play.

UH...I fly most all sorties with 75-100% fuel load. Even when nearby. I maintain decent fighter stats. Yes fuel has its effect but really its not that hindering when in fighters.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »
Thanks for the posts.  The context of this wish is below:

Wish
Add a page on the Aces High website that shows the number of active planes up each day hour-by-hour for the most recent week.

Thank you,

X15  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --