Author Topic: Map resets = mass logging  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Map resets = mass logging
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 08:48:09 AM »
Or make maps much harder to win.

Increase ack hardness to start.

If the base is unoccupied like most are when they are captured,  ack should be jacked up to slow the steam rolling that happens when the arena is empty. Accuracy should be enhanced during this time as well.

I find any reset annoying as I was never into the whole base capturing part of AH.

Smaller much harder maps would help the game IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Ive changed it to where a terrain change or a soft reboot (I.E. as if I update the arena) it will return you to the arena menu instead of desk top.

This will take effect the next update.

HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 04:35:04 PM »
The problem is that there is only a small minority that think the way you do. MOST players play the game to win the war. Making that harder will only drive those players away instead of create more action as they LOL!!! "fight" for those bases.

I think the biggest issue with people logging off on a map win is just because its time to. Many a time I would set a time to log and go blowing past it because we only needed a few more bases for the win, and next thing you know Im off to work with only 2 hours of sleep if that!  LOL!! those were the days. The other issue is that "terminal action count" is. There is a certain number of players that when reached the areas becomes fun and full of action. Getting to that number after a reset is just that much harder with players logging.

Give everyone who logs back in and stays for 5-10 minutes 15-25 perks. If they push that hard for the win perks, maybe they will come back and hang around for 10 minutes.....and get hooked again for some easy perks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 08:32:03 AM »
Ive changed it to where a terrain change or a soft reboot (I.E. as if I update the arena) it will return you to the arena menu instead of desk top.

HiTech

:aok Nice!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
More likely there was never an exodus, they were tower sitters waiting a reset to collect those all important war bonds (25 perks)  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
More likely there was never an exodus, they were tower sitters waiting a reset to collect those all important war bonds (25 perks)  :old:

Not true. Usually there are good battles with lots of players in flight approaching a map win.  Most disappear after the reset especially non prime time

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 10:40:42 AM »

HiTech
Most excellent :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2021, 08:15:49 AM »
I think the reset creates the pause which reminds most real life calls and they bail...

The only way IMO to prevent this exodus is to make resets less frequent

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder