Author Topic: How does ranking calculate and work for dummies?  (Read 616 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
How does ranking calculate and work for dummies?
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:26:08 AM »
I'm having a really had time understanding how that stuff is calculated. In particular I'm trying to figure out how bombing damage points are calculated. Can anyone help me out? Like an old link or something? Thanks in advance  :salute
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:14:28 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: How do ranking calculate and work for dummies?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 11:33:55 AM »
Bombing points (Damage Points) are essentially a calculation of tonnage of ordnance dropped on targets. Lusche or some other old statistician may know exactly how it is calculated (how much damage = X points), as I do not. Basically, every target in game is assigned a number as its hardness (Damage needed to destroy it). Once that number has been met by damage, it is destroyed. A player gets damage points by simply damaging, not just destroying. So, if you bomb a hangar and do not destroy it, you will still receive damage points. I think, but am not certain, that damage is a straight statistic. This means that doing 10 pounds of damage on a hangar or a bunker will result in the same number of damage points. In other words, targets do not matter as damage is one single variable.

The same is true for Bombing Percentage. It is determined as Number of Objects Damaged / Bombs Dropped. So, if you drop one bomb and damage 5 objects with that bomb, your Bombing % will be 5.00% in game (effectively 500% and read as such on the website stats sheet).
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: How do ranking calculate and work for dummies?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 12:45:00 PM »
Thank you  :cheers:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How does ranking calculate and work for dummies?
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 05:19:57 AM »
In a nutshell: Hitting many objects with large bombs boost both your bombing hit% and your bombing score. For some odd reason, the larger the bomb, the more damage score points you get out of each individual destroyed object.
For the record, the landed damage displayed in the game is mostly unrelated to the actual score damage points gained.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 06:48:23 AM »
If you want to have a high score or high rank in a fighter, use the rearm pad.  You don't need skill to rank high.  Just patience, very careful flying and a perky-ish plane to be able to run home.  "If score\rank is your thing."

More info here: http://oracledba.help/app/ww2planes/index.php?n=Site.Score
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:15:11 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 07:00:51 AM »
More info here: http://oracledba.help/app/ww2planes/index.php?n=Site.Score

AT a quick glance this thing caught my attention:

Having to stay in tower.
Some reasons include: phone calls, house chores, spouse ACK and forgot was playing as other life events happen.
=> TotalTourSortieTime

Staying in tower has no impact on stats and score at all.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 07:16:26 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out.  Things change.  :salute

EDIT: Where I derived my snippet was on the AH website but I can't find it now.  Site has changed.  Not criticism - looks nice.  I also checked the AH Wiki.  Let me know if you find the fighter stats\score page.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 07:22:25 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »
AT a quick glance this thing caught my attention:

It does if you are flying around afk not seeking kills.  It will drop your kills per time stat.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 10:09:12 AM »
It does if you are flying around afk not seeking kills.

That is not "staying in tower"