Author Topic: Combat Challenge XXXV - 4/23  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Combat Challenge XXXV - 4/23
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 09:03:37 PM »
By what Darkwood was saying it sounded like the terrain's up more than Monday and Thursday these days?  Or did I misunderstand?

I love MNM and if it were up all the time, depending on what's going on in the MA I'd check it out.  But I can also see the fog and skyscrapers being offputting to some, which was why I mentioned having another area that's more "standard" type fighting.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 07:34:42 AM »
My pleasure. We tend to get about 50-60 to start and by T+90 we are down to 25 or so. I am considering reducing it from 2 hours to 90 minutes because of this. Even 13 v 13 is a great fight when it is balanced like it is in these events.

As it is right now, there are 6 of these per year. 2 WWI Parties and 4 Theater-themed events. I fear the event would lose its charm if it were run monthly, but I will consider it. Thank you for flying in the event.

:salute

Ever consider starting it earlier instead of making it shorter.  I currently don't fly AH because of the late-night or wacky weekend start time for events.  Not big into the MA and I'm too old to pull that late night crap.  It still completely baffles me that events don't start at peak MA times.  Worry more about covering the most time zones instead of gathering the most people. 
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 07:54:17 AM »
Timezones probably..

11am eastern is not late to the folks on the left coast.

Maybe an hour at 8 east followed by an hour break with the 2nd hour starting at 10est?

Like Violator A2A has always been the draw for me and Aces High provides the best VR experience for that hands down  IMHO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 03:20:46 PM »
So, is the AvA basically set up to be awesome all the time now?  If so, have you considered adding an area in the corner of the terrain that could be like the old DA lake or whatever the guys that want instant action furballing but not MNM style want?  That seems like a great opportunity since the match play arena apparently isn't doing it right for whatever reason, the AvA could fill that DA niche.

Wiley.

I have it set up for squad vs squad battles right now. Good selection of planes and the fog is turned off down low.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »
It might not be a terrible idea to advertise that's how it's being used more.  That might give the people that want the DA but don't like the MP for whatever reason in there.  *shrug*  I'd have though the DA enthusiasts would be more excited about that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2021, 03:34:40 PM »
It might not be a terrible idea to advertise that's how it's being used more.  That might give the people that want the DA but don't like the MP for whatever reason in there.  *shrug*  I'd have though the DA enthusiasts would be more excited about that.

Wiley.

Doing what I can to help the AvA team  create a fun environment for everyone to enjoy. Smaller maps, instant action, scores are logged, friendly players a majority of the time. Your $14.99 covers the Axis vs Allies Arena also. May as well enjoy it.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
Because it is an off-FSO event, I think having it at normal FSO time is best. However, I am certainly open to an earlier start, especially if the participants prefer it. The last hour and especially half hour, really suffers for numbers (about 50%). Perhaps we can try a 10 PM ET start and see how it works.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2021, 06:03:58 PM »
Because it is an off-FSO event, I think having it at normal FSO time is best. However, I am certainly open to an earlier start, especially if the participants prefer it. The last hour and especially half hour, really suffers for numbers (about 50%). Perhaps we can try a 10 PM ET start and see how it works.

When ever it starts I will be there for sure.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2021, 06:05:21 PM »
I agree maintaining the same start time as FSO is a good idea. I just think FSO should also start earlier. But that’s just my gripe. Although years ago I did a poll (I believe the thread still exists) and I believe another time squad leaders did a poll, all unofficial, but the resounding majority were for or unopposed to an earlier start time. But as always with FSO nothing changed, didn’t want to upset the couple of people opposed to it.   On a non FSO night what time currently would you say is the starting hour of peak population in the MA?  Why would any event deviate from that peak population?

It’s just my whine, sorry.   :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane