Author Topic: HP Reverb 2 speakers  (Read 659 times)

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
HP Reverb 2 speakers
« on: April 21, 2021, 10:48:29 PM »
Hi folks, can anyone that has the HP Reverb 2 can answer this. Could I remove the ear speakers. I use a gaming headset with built in mic and would need to put this over the vr device.
Thank you in advance!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: HP Reverb 2 speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
Yep they are easily removable, it's just a single screw. No cables or anything.

I used to use a gaming headset too but after giving the g2's speakers and mic a try I can't go back. They sit off the ear so it's much more comfortable for me. I would suggest giving them a try before pulling them off, see if they work for you.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:13:27 AM »
Thank you for your advice, I didn’t realize it had a mic. I shall try that out then, it’s just that $600 bucks.... ouch. What is your opinion of this set up, I current use TIR5 with a larger curved monitor. It is fairly immersive yet
I can still type, drink a coffee etc.
Oh... how about that monitor... I’d I leave it on, say I have a bomber flight to sit out and remove the headset and watch the screen? But does that cause a hit on the frs. I run a gtx 2080 gpu with a 2020 I7 and 32 go ram?
Thanks again!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:09:45 PM »
You can remove your vr headset and watch your progress on your monitor

No framerate hit

Your system is more than enough

Once you go vr

You will not go back

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 04:17:00 PM »
Agreed.

TIR is great, I used it for a couple years and loved it, but in my opinion it doesn't compare to the immersion of vr. It really does feel like I'm sitting in the cockpit. I can still have a drink and type and such with vr, just have to lift the headset a bit sometimes to see the keyboard. There are other solid vr options, the quest 2 is half the price and still good quality, though not quite as clear a view as the g2 from what I've heard. I've never tried the quest so I can't give you a good comparison.

Going by your specs you won't have any issues running a g2 and mirroring on your monitor. My rig is similar and I can't say I've noticed an FPS hit having mirroring on. I do have a lot of the in game eye candy stuff turned off, it helps in spots like flying through clouds and around fleet ack where FPS takes a hit. Worst offenders I found are post lighting and shadows.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 02:32:29 AM »
Thanks to both of you, pretty convincing to say the least. Now to decide 300/tied to Facebook. Or 600 not tied lol. Thanks again
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »
Thanks to both of you, pretty convincing to say the least. Now to decide 300/tied to Facebook. Or 600 not tied lol. Thanks again

I agree with no going back to TIR from VR....and just upgraded my Oculus CV1 to the HP G2, but have not yet used the G2, but my decision was to avoid Facebook/Oculus.  Either way I suspect you'll love VR!   :cheers:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
My personal opinion, the Quest 2 is good enough for me.  It's best if your IPD is lower than 69mm if memory serves.  Mine's a bit wider but I tolerate it.

The resolution is high enough that I don't notice the pixels unless I think about it.  Screen door effect is pretty much nil for me.  I wanted it for the wireless room VR but if tethered PC VR is the only thing you're going to use it for, I would probably go with the G2.  If AH was the only thing I was planning to use it for, that's likely what I'd have done.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 12:25:57 AM »
Thanks Wiley, I ordered the g2 today.
To alll, I will try both built in speakers and gaming headset. Positional sound.... see the differences.
Should get it Monday. I am wondering out loud I guess. I might try to adjust my track IR, if the game allows both, to mimic my head movement but as I turn my head, have the TIR add to the motion from 3 and 9 so I don’t have twist in my chair so much.
Then there is using the vehicle sights..... either way, so7nds like fun!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 08:01:03 AM »
Setup your 6 and straight up views on your stick and use in VR

AH allows both which makes it the best vr flight sim going IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 12:14:24 AM »
thanks eagler
"Harden The F_ck Up”