Author Topic: HP G2, cannot read message window in VR  (Read 744 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
HP G2, cannot read message window in VR
« on: May 05, 2021, 07:35:35 PM »
Have been slowly figuring out how to use my HP G2 for Aces High (with tips on this forum helping), but have been stumped on one thing, and that is the message window and HUD show up fine if I'm not in VR, but when I put on the headset they disappear....just cannot find the rascals.  I can locate them in VR and move them around in the GUI settings, but cannot get them to show with my headset on.  Frame rate  etc info and damage reports show fine.     Thanks in advance for tips & help!

I can easily do without the HUD, but like being able to read the text messages.     :cheers:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: HP G2, cannot read message window in VR
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 04:10:15 AM »
TSk TSK  :x    Maybe the "windows" are in same areas as Rift's? I know!!!! You know that one!????????? I got NOTHING Daddy! EH, you know me!!! Oculus S for life...Niece, Son, AKKnot,ULTactus,Mothman...lol Winger even...as hated WMR and Acer's interface?  Hope he(Winger) got it figured out? Am i a "Fan Boy"? Dang RIGHT!!! Dont get me started with TracIR!!! LOL Amazing Times we live in! Did you even imagine where we would be now...in a Game? $16.00? REALY!!! Such a BLESSING!!! I have extended Family 10 FOLD!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 06:40:38 AM »
On my G2 the message windows default to almost invisible thin lines located on the ceiling to the left.  I have to drag them down and expand them with the VR headset on.  Once that is done they will stay where you put them until the next AH update.  A little annoying, but once you do it a few times it is not a big deal.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 06:44:48 AM »
Since I  split the message windows into 2 boxes to separate kill spam, the text boxes no longer shrink to the line above your head

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »
TSk TSK  :x    Maybe the "windows" are in same areas as Rift's? I know!!!! You know that one!????????? I got NOTHING Daddy! EH, you know me!!! Oculus S for life...Niece, Son, AKKnot,ULTactus,Mothman...lol Winger even...as hated WMR and Acer's interface?  Hope he(Winger) got it figured out? Am i a "Fan Boy"? Dang RIGHT!!! Dont get me started with TracIR!!! LOL Amazing Times we live in! Did you even imagine where we would be now...in a Game? $16.00? REALY!!! Such a BLESSING!!! I have extended Family 10 FOLD!!!

Yeah, so far am unimpressed with WMR....but really don't like being forced to log in with my little-used Facebook account either.  Visuals & sound are very much better in the G2 as compared to my Rift CV-1.

Noticed an interesting change in GPU vs CPU usage between my CV-1 v the G2.  When I run MSI Afterburner it seems like the Rift tended to max out CPU1 on my I7-9700 K, and the my RTX 2080 Super GPU would only be running about 60 % or so.  With the G2 it looks like the GPU is running close to max, and the CPU not working nearly as much as with the Rift.     :cheers:

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 09:48:06 AM »
On my G2 the message windows default to almost invisible thin lines located on the ceiling to the left.....

Thank you edge!  That was the tip I needed.  I had been looking around for that thing, but once I knew where to look that made the difference.  Seems I had to look there for a bit before it would show up so a quick glance would not show it.  Also found my HUD, way out to the left.     :airplane:

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 09:49:10 AM »
Since I  split the message windows into 2 boxes to separate kill spam, the text boxes no longer shrink to the line above your head

Eagler

Sounds like a good one to try Eagler.    :cheers:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »
Yeah, so far am unimpressed with WMR....but really don't like being forced to log in with my little-used Facebook account either.  Visuals & sound are very much better in the G2 as compared to my Rift CV-1.

Noticed an interesting change in GPU vs CPU usage between my CV-1 v the G2.  When I run MSI Afterburner it seems like the Rift tended to max out CPU1 on my I7-9700 K, and the my RTX 2080 Super GPU would only be running about 60 % or so.  With the G2 it looks like the GPU is running close to max, and the CPU not working nearly as much as with the Rift.     :cheers:
I hear ya,FB SUX. The things I suffer for you guys :uhoh   Ya'll worth it, though :devil :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain