Author Topic: New features in the works?  (Read 6945 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: New features in the works?
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2021, 12:36:09 PM »
He has worked for CH products and a number of gaming software companies, in what type of position I dont know, but does that really matter?

Ack-Ack does have a point however. EVERYTHING DmonSlyr posts is his OPINION and nothing, nothing more. DmonSlyr is also a bit jaded as his entire point of view is from a "fighters" stand point. There is a lot more to this game than just dog fighting. Ignoring the other views is foolish. While he has a hard time finding any fights, many others are rolling bases, hitting strats or spawn camping the their hearts content.

I too would love to see the new maps. I dont know who does the testing on them but I remember Bustr going over his for hours and hours testing spawns and looking for issue both from the air and the ground. So I dont know what more needs to be done. Hitech seems to be the type of guy that once on a project he finishes it before moving on to something else. So my guess is we will see the Vulkan out come before we see new maps.

It's not my opinion. It's common sense. Like how can you guys not see it? Look at the damn #s on the weekends when a newer map is up relative to BowlMA or CraterMA. It's night and day with much better battles. It's completely ignorant to say that some maps are not a problem. You are talking with someone who studies #s trends for a living. April had some of the lowest #s on record because of the stupid maps that get stuck on the weekends because they cannot be won in a day. It's 100% the truth because #s DO NOT LIE.  :bhead
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2021, 12:48:45 PM »
It's not my opinion. It's common sense. Like how can you guys not see it? Look at the damn #s on the weekends when a newer map is up relative to BowlMA or CraterMA. It's night and day with much better battles. It's completely ignorant to say that some maps are not a problem. You are talking with someone who studies #s trends for a living. April had some of the lowest #s on record because of the stupid maps that get stuck on the weekends because they cannot be won in a day. It's 100% the truth because #s DO NOT LIE.  :bhead

so jan, feb and march had different maps? common sence would tell you that?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2021, 01:35:02 PM »
so jan, feb and march had different maps? common sence would tell you that?

semp

During the weekends, they didn't... March April and May is historically a decent month for AH in for the last 5 years. You don't even want to see those plane stats going back compared to what the # plane stats are this year.... April and May are ridiculously low this year. That tells me there aren't as many fights because people aren't killing and dying as much. That tells me fights have really slowed down. This means less players play when fights are slower.  Just go look at the plane stats for April and May in the last 5 years. Maps make a big difference. Playing the same 4 every weekend has an impact. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2021, 02:41:07 PM »
During the weekends, they didn't... March April and May is historically a decent month for AH in for the last 5 years. You don't even want to see those plane stats going back compared to what the # plane stats are this year.... April and May are ridiculously low this year. That tells me there aren't as many fights because people aren't killing and dying as much. That tells me fights have really slowed down. This means less players play when fights are slower.  Just go look at the plane stats for April and May in the last 5 years. Maps make a big difference. Playing the same 4 every weekend has an impact.

would you please tell me which maps were up on the weekends between Jan and now?

semp

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »
We need a snail statistics hour to see if Violator is wrong or right  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2021, 03:23:47 PM »
We need a snail statistics hour to see if Violator is wrong or right  :D

actually it's violator who needs to provide the data to prove his conclusion.  after all he does #s trends for a living. it's 100% the truth his numbers don't lie. it's just common sense.  :blank: :bhead

semp

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2021, 06:16:22 PM »
i had there was a Vulkan jey in WWII which the main part of this game is based on.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2021, 08:35:04 AM »
Glad to hear xbox players might he allowed in

More nice juicy red planes

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »

More nice juicy red planes

Eagler

Who said that?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2021, 11:22:45 AM »
Yeah, who said that?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 11:27:45 AM by aztec »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »
My understanding of Vulcan was to allow different platforms to play ah

Or this thread is just to keep ackack excited lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2021, 06:24:16 PM »
My understanding of Vulcan was to allow different platforms to play ah

Or this thread is just to keep ackack excited lol

Eagler

Vulkan is an API for 3D graphics and computing.  It is a low-overhead, cross-platform API that allows developers to use one API across multiple platforms.

Because the Vulkan API is cross-platform, if a developer wants to make a game on Platform A and Platform B, the developer can use one API to write the code for both platforms.  In the old days developers would have to use different API's to make a single game for various platforms.  It does not in anyway mean or imply HiTech is going to port the game to another platform, such as game consoles.

It is apparent that HiTech is looking to add support for the Vulkan API because can help those players having performance issues with the DirectX versions of the game. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2021, 05:29:49 PM »
Vulkan is an API for 3D graphics and computing.  It is a low-overhead, cross-platform API that allows developers to use one API across multiple platforms.

Because the Vulkan API is cross-platform, if a developer wants to make a game on Platform A and Platform B, the developer can use one API to write the code for both platforms.  In the old days developers would have to use different API's to make a single game for various platforms.  It does not in anyway mean or imply HiTech is going to port the game to another platform, such as game consoles.

It is apparent that HiTech is looking to add support for the Vulkan API because can help those players having performance issues with the DirectX versions of the game.

:cheers:

Explained in a language even I can understand. Thanks Ack-ack miss your intercepts in your P-38 :rock
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster