Author Topic: ENY (again)  (Read 2863 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: ENY (again)
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 09:28:53 PM »
If it were my game, I'd have made La7s, spit16s, yak3s, NIKs, 190Ds, P47Ms, ect. slightly perked to make the game more balanced.

I'm 51D wouldn't be included in this list?

I think the eny should be dynamic on the planes. If everybody is flying a certain plane is should cost more and one that nobody is flying should have a higher perk bonus. That way there wouldn't be an arbitrarily assigned eny numbers.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 06:39:43 AM »
Speaking for air war, I think what it might show is that AH might be a better game if late war was removed and plane set was limited to early and mid war

Don't think anyone complains about those do they?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 06:45:12 AM »
My fav fights were in Mid War arena, back in the day.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 09:21:12 AM »
My fav fights were in Mid War arena, back in the day.

I seem to recall you shooting me down on numerous occasions. :furious :furious   :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 10:18:45 AM »
Including theP51B in midwar and not perking it like a 262 was a mistake of horrifying magnitudes :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
Including theP51B in midwar and not perking it like a 262 was a mistake of horrifying magnitudes :old:

The map used was the biggest reason it failed.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2021, 11:45:57 AM »
I'm 51D wouldn't be included in this list?

I think the eny should be dynamic on the planes. If everybody is flying a certain plane is should cost more and one that nobody is flying should have a higher perk bonus. That way there wouldn't be an arbitrarily assigned eny numbers.

I wouldn't be opposed to perking it 5 perks or so...

Probably be a bunch whiners though.

God forbid they can't press X and run when they lose advantage. Funny enough the P51 still doesn't have that great of K/D relative to others because it's the #1 plane flown by newbs.

If the p51 really draws a huge crowd, I wouldn't perk it just because, however, I feel like all of these super later war planes should have a 1-5 perk range. Is it really that hard to save up? No other games make it that easy.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »

The P-51B wasn't  a dominating factor in the mid-war arena.  If you look at the stats for the plane that was the dominate fighter with the most kills in the arena, it was the P-38J and the vast majority of kills were at the hands of three players.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2021, 02:35:44 PM »
This list of planes is very Dogfighting centric.   ENY is about Offensive Firepower.  Note that the low ENY planes all carry 2K of Bombs and rockets. And the Bombers carry the biggest bomb load.

But when The team are not of equal numbers ENY limits planes...which 50% of the time makes the fight lopsided because the two low number teams are fighting the High number team. ENY makes sure the High number team loses...bases and people.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »
I never understood why so many people are so timid in the p51.  If you don't drown it in fuel, and know how to use flaps, it is a monster.

I'm no BigR in it, but I'll up it for base defense rather than the la7 sometimes

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
Just suck it up an fly.

And for players that want to GV? This Baltic map is terrible for that, the GV spawns don’t create an environment to use GVs much. And many bases the GV spawns are so far away from each other, town or base....

I’ve noticed really low #’s on all sides this week on Baltic and believe the GV game lacking on Baltic is part of the reason.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2021, 03:44:33 PM »
I never understood why so many people are so timid in the p51.  If you don't drown it in fuel, and know how to use flaps, it is a monster.

I'm no BigR in it, but I'll up it for base defense rather than the la7 sometimes

Mostly because it bleeds E- in a turn fight especially with flaps out. If you kill the bandit as you decelerate from 400 to 250mph you're right, the plane has great turn performance and agility at High Speeds. If you don't get him by then...the pony becomes a sled that will be out turned by almost anything except a Dora and an A8. And its acceleration rate and climb rate are less than stellar.  Then again a lot of base attacks are Dora, A8, and typhies against which a Pony will do quite well.

The other problem with slash/turn fights is the 6 50 cals aren't great for getting kills on snap shots. Pony's are oil leak makers not killers.
Who is John Galt?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2021, 08:28:09 PM »
I agree that many that fly the pony seem to only do it for speed and never even notch the flaps.
I fly the D9 a lot specifically to hunt ponies. In my experience once you run down a pony with a D9 they don't usually have much fight in them.

I have had some good 1vs1s D9 vs 51D and against an equal or better pilot I can keep turning a d9 with a pony using rate not radius until we get to the deck then I usually end up loosing unless I'm light on fuel and can use yo-yo's.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2021, 11:19:41 PM »
Flying the d9 this tour and id definitely advise getting into a flat turn fight against a 51 especially slow. Its definitely an interesting fight tho and youll want to use that climb rate advantage.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
I agree that many that fly the pony seem to only do it for speed and never even notch the flaps.
I fly the D9 a lot specifically to hunt ponies. In my experience once you run down a pony with a D9 they don't usually have much fight in them.

I have had some good 1vs1s D9 vs 51D and against an equal or better pilot I can keep turning a d9 with a pony using rate not radius until we get to the deck then I usually end up loosing unless I'm light on fuel and can use yo-yo's.

There a few that will fight in it, and it' always fun.  Casey31, HeidiHo, Mark4, <S>

I know I'm forgetting a couple.   
Who is John Galt?