Author Topic: Shooting through VH that’s up  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Shooting through VH that’s up
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 03:36:42 PM »
I did not realize you were talking about the small vehicle bases that only have two
auto guns and one vehicle hangar. Many players sit on the spawn pad and fire their pintle through the crack to kill troops entering the map room. It has been that way for years and for that reason we camp the spawn pad if we want to capture the base. A few players did figure out how to fire AP rounds through said crack. You were obviously a victim of said crack.  For me it is simply easier to drive onto the pad and camp the spawn, especially if you have another player to help. If you camp the spawn with two players they will not spawn Tiger 2’s.

I would not waste HiTech’s time with videos. Maybe down the road he will have a patch to close  that gap if that is possible. You also have the option to use the short spawns that are close by so you can look down on the base and kill enemy tanks.

AH is not perfect, but it is by far the best online flight sim for WW2, period.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 03:56:33 PM »
Now about why it seems to me to highly unlikely to shoot through that crack/opening and get a direct kill shot each time is more along the lines of what 715 said:

‘You can fire through that slot but you can't use the gunsight to do it because of a parallax error: i.e. the gun barrel is offset from the gunsight. Switch to commander mode and use the left right arrows to move the view to be lined up with the barrel...’

I attempted repeatedly to shoot through that slot. As I’ve previously said here, the shells always exploded against the wall. When I moved the gunsight slightly to the side and used HE rounds they would explode against the wall ~50yds beyond the VH, i.e. in the film they sure look like they go through the VH...

If using the commanders view is the way to do it, it’s gamey...

Nothing is perfect in a game, life, etc, nor do I expect it to be. However, gamey features are too popular in “video games”.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 03:59:22 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 05:17:04 PM »
TyFoo:

I’m curious curious about you saying the “shooter” was being gracious (graciously). The conversation was far from that from all the definitions I’m aware of.

I’d say a lot more like sarcastic, belligerent & ridiculing...you were there as you stated and joined in too. I’d post that here of the 200 ch chat, but it would probably be a forum rules violation...

RotBaron, from my experience you take your kill like the rest of us and keep on playing the game with little complaint. In a Camp a lot of people stop upping after 3-4 times. Others keep upping to get the upper hand. Some choose to get upset. You went at least 9 times from what I could tell.

I had just logged on to the game. I was listening to VOX hearing and watching what the Shooter was saying & texting. He may have been giddy, but he wasn't being belligerent, or condescending on VOX. As a matter of fact he towered so as not to escalate and run the kills up further. I did chime in along with others and try to explain what was going on, but I did not join in on the ridiculing discussion you refer too. Like this thread you are not very receptive to explanations offered by others.

As far as gracious - the shooter didn't have to explain what he was doing or how, yet he elected too. It was not good enough.

At any point up to and including today, you could accept the explanations offered by others, or quietly have made an inquiry to HT and submit your film, or better yet "Ask Questions" of others and learn more about the GV game. I don't know anybody in here that hasn't or won't offer tips, or pointers on how to play the game better when asked.

Instead you choose (as is your right) to carry on about the situation where you were the victim. While you are not calling anybody out for cheating, you are trying to rationalize the outcome. Even if that "Gap" is a bug, it is rarely used because there are better, time conscious options for controlling the VH in an attack. The Gap is used more to defend and kill troops entering the Map Room.

Interpreting text without hearing anothers voice or inflection is left to your personal interpretation. You will take it the way you want to take it. But I can say - that the shooter may have teased you, but he wasn't out of line, and when he realized you were not very happy decided to tower instead of continue. So yes he did show some grace.

Anybody that gets shot multiple times in a "Camp" setting gets butt hurt and doesn't appreciate it, including me. So like I said - make sure and film his good side, and send your video in.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 09:17:17 PM »
First, there’s a lot more history of things that player has said to me were overly abusive. You weren’t there for those & I’m not one to report it if it’s directed at me...my skin is thick enough.

Second, it will take me a long post to reply to yours.

But thank you for your input.

They're casting their bait over there, see?