Author Topic: Intermittent Black Screen  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Intermittent Black Screen
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 07:53:46 AM »
Thanks Gents! Biz man the tutorial is very helpful.  I’ll spend some time and tweak it.

1stpar3, I use DX9 for all of my non VR play and DX11 fo VR.  The black screed flash has never been an significant occurrence until the other day when the outside temperature was 117, and a few random times in VR only before that over the last month.  My computer is on the west wall, it was in the afternoon, and in spite of having the computer a foot and a half from the wall, it appears the outside air was having its way.  The next day, I ran a small fan on the floor to circulate the air along the wall and behind the computer;  no more black screen flashes.  So, it appears heat was the cause.

By the way, it been noted that you and your Pink Spit protege have been AWOL two weeks in a row. :headscratch:  Hope all is well. 

Thanks all for the input and ideas.  I now know a little bit more than. Didn’t know before.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 04:05:47 AM »
Thanks Gents! Biz man the tutorial is very helpful.  I’ll spend some time and tweak it.

1stpar3, I use DX9 for all of my non VR play and DX11 fo VR.  The black screed flash has never been an significant occurrence until the other day when the outside temperature was 117, and a few random times in VR only before that over the last month.  My computer is on the west wall, it was in the afternoon, and in spite of having the computer a foot and a half from the wall, it appears the outside air was having its way.  The next day, I ran a small fan on the floor to circulate the air along the wall and behind the computer;  no more black screen flashes.  So, it appears heat was the cause.

By the way, it been noted that you and your Pink Spit protege have been AWOL two weeks in a row. :headscratch:  Hope all is well. 

Thanks all for the input and ideas.  I now know a little bit more than. Didn’t know before.  :salute
Yup...I figured thats what you did, DX9 for TIR! Just throwing out the casual "Belly Check"! :rofl   I didnt realize how much I missed you guys, until last evening!   Last I heard from her, she was gonna be there?  She has been busy, as the Pet Groomer she works for, has been swamped with "Boarding" for summer Vacations?!!! Thats her tail anyway...I am sitting on mine  :rofl   I missed her!!!  Best "Cut Bait" there is, in AH/AVA :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2021, 08:37:38 AM »
Yup...I figured thats what you did, DX9 for TIR! Just throwing out the casual "Belly Check"! :rofl   I didnt realize how much I missed you guys, until last evening!   Last I heard from her, she was gonna be there?  She has been busy, as the Pet Groomer she works for, has been swamped with "Boarding" for summer Vacations?!!! Thats her tail anyway...I am sitting on mine  :rofl   I missed her!!!  Best "Cut Bait" there is, in AH/AVA :devil

No problem. Never an issue covering the basics, just in case a little buffoonery has slipped in unnoticed.

Now for that pink Spit.  AWOL three weeks in a row by my best recollection.  She’s gonna be peeling spuds for a month when she does eventually show up.  :rofl  Good to have you back in last night and to help with your kill tally.  :salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2021, 02:47:50 PM »
No problem. Never an issue covering the basics, just in case a little buffoonery has slipped in unnoticed.

Now for that pink Spit.  AWOL three weeks in a row by my best recollection.  She’s gonna be peeling spuds for a month when she does eventually show up.  :rofl  Good to have you back in last night and to help with your kill tally.  :salute
Karma/Groot, had 1 of those  :rofl :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 09:33:03 AM »
Well, it’s back.  Logged on and after a week of play with the MSI Afterburner boosting the graphics card fans and no issues, the black screen flashes came back with a vengeance.  Every 7 seconds or so for a about a second or so.  Monitored the frame rate with no perceivable change. Temperature stayed fairly consistent around 65ish while in the tower monitoring. The black screen flashes appeared like clock work.

I was in MNM for a solid hour on VR and had no black screen flashes.  Last night was with Track IR.   Ideas?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:35:42 AM by Puma44 »