Author Topic: ta 152 and spit 14 spin  (Read 5832 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: ta 152 and spit 14 spin
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2021, 04:59:56 PM »
:rofl

The measure of success is that the pilot's names come up in conversation without the need for said pilot's input.

Sadly Chalenge, you'll be having to remind people that you were "good"... And the real kicker is that nobody cares.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2021, 07:38:47 PM »
I can count the number of people whose opinions I care about on one finger. Take a guess which one Doilby.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Eviscerate

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2021, 09:11:47 PM »
I guess Dolby isn't one of them since he can't even spell his name correctly...

:bolt:

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2021, 06:56:59 AM »
Well this was a nice bathroom read.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2021, 09:32:53 PM »
Oh the good old days, you can get out of the dreaded 152 tail spin with rudder input and throttle manipulation only very quickly. Just use the natural torque of the engine and think of the giant wing as a sail.

As for people who are the best in it, Moot was always the one I considered best. 300 kd flying against bombers and fellow noobs who think climbing to 25k is skillful, isn't impressive. Everyone knows the real fighting is 12k and lower.

There was a guy along time ago who was in the few who flew the spit14 a ton - He was real good in it but I cant think of anyone else. I never got good at recovering from that stall.

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2021, 05:36:11 PM »
There was a guy along time ago who was in the few who flew the spit14 a ton - He was real good in it but I cant think of anyone else. I never got good at recovering from that stall.

Yarbles of the few....  Dolby already mentioned him in the 2nd reply to this thread

We miss seeing you in the KOTH events, Sukov!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2021, 10:12:04 PM »
Oh the good old days, you can get out of the dreaded 152 tail spin with rudder input and throttle manipulation only very quickly. Just use the natural torque of the engine and think of the giant wing as a sail.

As for people who are the best in it, Moot was always the one I considered best. 300 kd flying against bombers and fellow noobs who think climbing to 25k is skillful, isn't impressive. Everyone knows the real fighting is 12k and lower.

The spit14 player you are thinking of is Machfly. He was the best spit14 handler I’ve ever seen.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2021, 03:22:25 AM »

300 kd flying against bombers and fellow noobs who think climbing to 25k is skillful, isn't impressive. Everyone knows the real fighting is 12k and lower.

Yeah, and killing noobs on the runway is impressive? Musashi, considered to be the best swordsman, wrote in "The Book of the Five Rings" that you seize the advantage and kill your enemies. Anything else is unimportant. Live by your own rules, but don't expect anyone else to do so. Everyone listed on these "the best" threads have all been killed and even appear on my kill lists. I'm not impressed.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2021, 03:25:55 PM »
You guys thinking what I'm thinking?

"God, I wish I was as good as Chalenge thinks he is."
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2021, 03:48:25 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »

I’m simply in awe that so many people can get so many kills.

- oldman

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2021, 04:01:23 PM »

Not really...we both,  he and I are on each other's kill list
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
Late to the party.

From the Spit XIV pilot's notes.  The XIV had the same fuel set up as the Mk VIII with the small leading edge fuel tanks to go with the upper and lower tanks right behind the engine.  Because of the increased fuel burn of the Griffon Spits they always flew with at least a 30 gallon slipper tank to make up the range difference.  This started with the Spit XII.

The attached image is from the Spit XIV pilot's notes.  Fairly self explanatory.  Spinning prohibited with a DT on, otherwise the same recovery as the other Spits

(Image removed from quote.)

Can we get a British to American translator in here? "After not more than two turns", doesn't that mean before two turns?
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 03:21:23 AM »

Well, you've never been a Chalenge. Never. I did enjoy your "training" videos though. Very entertaining.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2021, 04:59:50 PM »
Well, you've never been a Chalenge. Never. I did enjoy your "training" videos though. Very entertaining.

Thank diddly for that!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho