Author Topic: Windows 11 is coming  (Read 4349 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Re: Windows 11 is coming
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2021, 11:13:28 AM »
If all it does is simply check, the regedit should be no issue.

I'm strongly considering trying the registry edit option. Done many reg edits in past, so I am familiar with them. But I read where MS is allowing some none ready machines to try out w11, but they will make you go back to w10 after they get their metedata fill. This I do not want. If I go there, I go there!

Unbelievable that MS would act like this after so many lost their jobs. Moi being one of them. Broadway still shut down....

:joystick:
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2021, 10:40:12 AM »
While Windows 11 has a bunch of new hardware requirements, I haven't seen anything so far that differentiates it from Windows 10 as far as application support goes.  As such, if your hardware doesn't meet the Windows 11 requirements, I haven't seen anything that would really drive a hardware upgrade unless/until Microsoft stops supporting 10.  Unless someone has insight into something else?

Mike

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »
While Windows 11 has a bunch of new hardware requirements, I haven't seen anything so far that differentiates it from Windows 10 as far as application support goes.  As such, if your hardware doesn't meet the Windows 11 requirements, I haven't seen anything that would really drive a hardware upgrade unless/until Microsoft stops supporting 10.  Unless someone has insight into something else?

Mike
[/color]

Yup you most likely correct about the overall experience. But I did read something about it being better for gaming????

As far as hardware. This not about the hardware we care about, cpu, graphics cards. Its about security,????, The fact they they cannot write code for damn, secure code. TPM is one item! They know what most folks are using, they are pushing something they know many folks are not using or do not have. They knew this when the wrote the coding! Seriously, 1 item and you must buy new PC's to use their latest OS, under the guise of "for your own protection". Its truly bad faith from MS to push this kind of bad business ethics on users. Plus I been reading where you must have a Microsoft account active, laptops must have a camera in them. Whats more hackable than a web account??? A camera????
I have slowly come to believe that security flaws are intentional, that they sell the knowledge to criminals reaping dollars on both sides of the fence. Maybe I'm crazy, but I wonder sometimes....

:bhead :old:
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2021, 12:40:43 PM »
TPMs are in most more recent CPUs. IF you have an older machine, you can possibly add it in a header on the MB.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »
As cunning as MS are, they probably will launch DirectX13 or something similar for Win11 but not Win10.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2021, 06:52:37 AM »
TPMs are in most more recent CPUs. IF you have an older machine, you can possibly add it in a header on the MB.

I thought TPM are MB components.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 01:55:16 PM »
I thought TPM are MB components.

On Motherboard is so called hardware TPM. Most recent motherboards have TPM header and you have to purchase TPM chip (if you build your own PC). Some newer pre-build PCs from big manufacturers like Dell, HP, etc already come with TPM chip on board.

Recent CPUs from INTEL and AMD have so called firmware TPM which can be used instead of MB TPM chip, but it is disabled by default on most motherboards and you have to enable it in UEFI.

If you have both, you can select which one to use.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2021, 10:47:18 AM »
Literally it took me several years to drop widows 7 and move everything over to 10! In all honesty I look back with little to no regrets! The one regret I do have is sticking so long with my Die Hard Widows-7!! Not for nothing but I so much love windows 10 and see no reason to drop it on any system I have right now. I might switch to 11 on a laptop when it does come around to my table.  I just have to get used to another new breed of windows. But almost just like it was in high school or my college years with girls I see no reason to want to make any move from 10 and for me there is no need to kill 10!

<S> Morph
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.