Author Topic: OBS  (Read 717 times)

Offline Mako-

• Zinc Member
OBS
« on: July 29, 2021, 06:23:01 AM »
How do I not record the audio in OBS or is that possible? I just made our first 325th video last night, no not my 109 flights lol, I tried the ah video thing and it just didn't work for me as easy, and well it has some spicy language which is why I haven't posted that video here.

Editing with Openshot so I am not sure if I can do that there either. Again first video and edit. I put together about 10 different vids into a 13+ min film.

I wanted to get this going to promote the scenario Sat, then place that on our website and my youtube channel.

Thanks,

Mako
Mako

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: OBS
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 08:12:43 AM »
In OBS on the bottom you have your Audio mixer which shows various outputs. Next to it is Sources. OBS might set you up by default with sources. Basically if you want no audio, just add a source as Display Capture and pick your monitor. Alternatively, you can just move the slider down in the audio mixer I believe (it's probably called Desktop Audio).
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 09:44:01 AM »
Display capture is more of a load on performance with OBS. It certainly works but that's the price. If you have horsepower to burn in your PC that's not an issue. Game capture will add all game sounds including game VOX. If that's what you're trying to cut out then display capture is the way to go. If you're using a third party app like TS or Discord you can separate that and still get the game sounds but will still get VOX unless you went into the voices settings in game and turned the volume all the way down. Might be a check box to disable it but I'm not sure. Haven't messed with it in a while. Otherwise, you'll have to simply mute whatever audio source you don't want captured in the OBS mixer or remove it entirely in OBS settings under the audio tab. You can prolly make a profile with the audio source muted too.

I've been playing around with a program called Voicemeeter that can separate things into different audio sources made pretty much just for this. I'm using it so I can listen to a ball game or tunes online in my headset while flying and not have it get attached to my recordings or streams. Works great until you get an update like to oculus which then adds or scrambles your audio devices! Gotta check. Had Sirius deep tracks on my last stream! Doh!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
I use Voicemeeter to re-route Discord sound out of my OBS stream. It was a pain to set up initially but it is nice once done, especially since I can turn on/off other devices besides my headset sound (like speakers) with a click.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mako-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 02:03:11 AM »
Thanks for all the help. For now I just muted Desktop Audio and Mic/Aux Audio. Works fine to cut out the vox chat but also doesn't get any game sounds. Would something like Voicemeeter allow me to get everything but vox? That's the next step I could use. I would like all game sounds, plane engines, mg fire all but vox from either channel.

Tried to just add music as a layer to the openshot video but it sounded warpy so I deleted that for my latest video. I have to work that out too.

:cheers:

Mako

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 05:39:12 AM »
The problem with vox is it's an in-game sound. Vox isn't a separate sound source. The only way that comes to mind would be to go to the clipboard settings for voice and turn the volumes down. But then you wouldn't be able to use it in game. Not a problem if you're using a third party program for comms like TS or Discord.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mako-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 11:12:02 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like TS or Discord will be needed then.

:salute
Mako

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »
And Voicemeeter to separate those apps as separate audio sources. Check tutorials for it on YT. Very handy program.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mako-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »
Gotcha. I'll do some research on voicemeeter and audio sources. Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

:cheers:
Mako