Author Topic: Map Critical Flaw  (Read 587 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Map Critical Flaw
« on: July 30, 2021, 10:08:42 AM »
The current map (need name) has a critical flaw that needs fixing.  The strats are distributed around the map edges. The terrain beyond the edge is ocean. If NOE off the map, no darbar and no arrow indicating that someone is off the map.  So an enemy can take off in his own territory from a base near the edge of the map and fly a few minutes of the edge, drop down to the ocean and set autopilot for 50ft, then fly completely undetected to the enemy strat where once they pop up they are closer than the nearest defending airbase. 

In other words this map has a Hogwarts tunnel to the strats.  This "back door" to the strats makes them almost impossible to defend. It also means all the 'strat action" takes place off the map.  What good is a map design that moves all the action off the map?   

Solution. The arrow indicating that a plane is off the map should always be active.

Thank you.    :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Map Critical Flaw
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 10:53:24 AM »
Montis map?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:39:18 AM »
Solution:  Flying off the map should show the plane on everyone's clipboard map at any alt.  There is enough hide-and-seek in the game without going off the map.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 11:57:26 AM »
Solution:  Flying off the map should show the plane on everyone's clipboard map at any alt.  There is enough hide-and-seek in the game without going off the map.
I would like to see Hitech add the same thing he has in matchplay which is a barrier that kills your plane if you hit it
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 12:15:31 PM »
I would like to see Hitech add the same thing he has in matchplay which is a barrier that kills your plane if you hit it

Yup.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »

+1  :aok
-- Flying as X15 --