Author Topic: for us mercenaries  (Read 822 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
for us mercenaries
« on: August 06, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »
most of us dont take advantage of what we know when we get switched.  if we are attacking a base and get switched we dont go there right away, unless there's a large furball then it wont matter. or we dont sink cv's that we know the location.

yesterday we had a player that was flying with us, he knew who was attacking and where we were. he got switched and decided to man a gun and took us out.  this is not an accusation of cheating.  it was just a dumb move by somebody who doesnt know the only rule we have, "dont be a dick".

we still took the base but I consider that bad for game play. dont take advantage of what we know is a rule us mercenaries follow.  now if there's a big furball then we all head to it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: for us mercenaries
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 05:56:42 PM »
Well, you should know. There are no rules in AH. Besides bad language and using twitch to hunt players and obviously hacking. But other than that, there are none. Do I wish there was unspoken rules like jumping 1 guy on the deck with 5 players? Sure... but I guess it always goes back to "it's their $15 a month".
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 05:59:02 PM »
Well, you should know. There are no rules in AH. Besides bad language and using twitch to hunt players and obviously hacking. But other than that, there are none. Do I wish there was unspoken rules like jumping 1 guy on the deck with 5 players? Sure... but I guess it always goes back to "it's their $15 a month".

actually the don't be a dick rule was set by an ah staff member.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 09:22:43 PM »
actually the don't be a dick rule was set by an ah staff member.

semp

There are a lot of ways to be a dick in AH. Whether willingly or not. I dont disagree with you.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 12:14:23 AM »
There are a lot of ways to be a dick in AH. Whether willingly or not. I dont disagree with you.

love ya in the game, in the bb not so much  :devil

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 06:49:26 AM »
Pretty sure if you get switched to the lower numbers team anything goes

Numerous times I find myself winging with the same gang who just shot me down

Should I jump to another part of the map as I might know an advantage?

Don't count on that..being cast to the low numbers side is a large enough disadvantage IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 08:34:07 AM »
Well in my opinion the majority of people who choose to switch to the county with the lower numbers tend not be interested in base capturing

Chuikov

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »
Well in my opinion the majority of people who choose to switch to the county with the lower numbers tend not be interested in base capturing

Probably true.

- oldman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 11:05:56 AM »

But quite often the best opportunities to find enemy aircraft are when they're trying to take a base.  That's one of my favorite things to do to help my side, is stuff a base take attempt.

Getting switched to the low side and going to defend where you were just attacking doesn't seem that bad to me.  Unless it's an NOE raid, the info is there with radar/bardar.  About the only downside is you might have knowledge of boats and goons.

I wish people would do things like defend their assets rather than rely on the other side not seeing them and whine about spies when they are lost.  Regardless of how the enemy come to know of their location, you shouldn't expect a boat or goon to stay hidden for long.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 11:13:29 AM »
Couple of points of note:

Player was on auto switch and got switched to the lower pop side.

The base that he defended was the last one the side he just got switched from needed to win the war.

Because of the above the dar bars where huge and most likely anybody looking for a fight would have gone to the same base.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 04:55:19 PM »
Couple of points of note:

Player was on auto switch and got switched to the lower pop side.

The base that he defended was the last one the side he just got switched from needed to win the war.

Because of the above the dar bars where huge and most likely anybody looking for a fight would have gone to the same base.

no it wasn't the last base.  we needed 3 more.  like i said he knew we were going low and fast.  he manned a 37 and killed the first 2 that got there.  if he really wanted a fight, he would have upped a plane like the other guy did.

semp

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 09:24:30 AM »
no it wasn't the last base.  we needed 3 more.  like i said he knew we were going low and fast.  he manned a 37 and killed the first 2 that got there.  if he really wanted a fight, he would have upped a plane like the other guy did.

semp

Maybe he thought his job was to defend the base the best way possible, and he felt the man gun was the best way.  :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76