Author Topic: quest 2 not working with aces high 3  (Read 1465 times)

Offline goose30

• Zinc Member
quest 2 not working with aces high 3
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:16:14 AM »
I manage to get my newly purchased quest 2 to work with aces high once. but cannot seem to replicate it. ive tried a wired connection, wireless connection launching on the desk top / the desktop in vr, launching it from the games menue in " virtual desktop" i am at a loss. any help would be great

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: quest 2 not working with aces high 3
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »
The last few updates really seems to have made the Quest 2 finicky.  I really like the system when it works, but their software updates have really been crappy lately as far as I can tell.

First of all, when you start it up, does it find your Guardian boundary ok and tracking is ok?  Assuming that's alright, try this:

1)  Plug it into the link cable if it isn't.
2)  Close the oculus app on your computer.
3)  Hold the power button on the Oculus and choose restart (don't power down and power up) the headset.
4)  When it comes up, it should ask you to allow data access to the cable.
5)  It should at this point ask you if you want to enable Link.  Click yes.
6)  Start AH.
7)  Click Yes to "Do you want to use your Oculus".

Yeah, that's what I get to do every time I want to play AH.

When it works, it works well for me, but in the last couple months I've had issues (confirmed from various sources online) where it would lose my Guardian boundary every time I tried to use it and I would literally have to do a factory freaking reset to fix it.  Then it would work once, then I would have to do another factory reset the next time I wanted to use it.  If it's having trouble finding your guardian/tracking, you might have to do that to resolve it.

The hardware's pretty decent but their software appears to have been created by a guy sitting under a bridge huffing gasoline and talking to a pool noodle he's drawn a face on when he has a question.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 09:54:48 PM »
It also might be worth updating your graphics drivers

For instance a few weeks ago my Steam Index VR kept crashing and I needed to download a special fix. It wasnt anything related to AH either, just the Steam index software/hardware whatever
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:59:07 PM by svaalbar »
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »
I manage to get my newly purchased quest 2 to work with aces high once. but cannot seem to replicate it. ive tried a wired connection, wireless connection launching on the desk top / the desktop in vr, launching it from the games menue in " virtual desktop" i am at a loss. any help would be great

There are two VR portals with the Quest. The wireless Quest portal and the wired Oculus portal. Run AH3 from the wired Oculus portal. It won't run from the Quest portal even if it's wired.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 11:21:21 AM »
There are two VR portals with the Quest. The wireless Quest portal and the wired Oculus portal. Run AH3 from the wired Oculus portal. It won't run from the Quest portal even if it's wired.

+1

It's how both my boys are able to play. Oculus PC software, wired connection, but you need a USB 3.1 cable to a USB 3.X port on your computer (non ASMedia). And the cable you use must be Oculus link compatible.

Also - make sure your nVidia/AMD drivers are up to date. What OS are you using Goose?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 12:40:22 PM »

Where do you find this setting?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 02:14:43 PM »
It's not a setting. When you connect the proper USB cable you get a choice between power only or you can open a data link to your PC and run the PC version of Oculus using the Quest2 just as a headset.