Author Topic: planes being main-gunned by tanks  (Read 7873 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: planes being main-gunned by tanks
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2021, 04:09:02 PM »
Did GV's hide in WW2?

Did they hide in the Battle of the Bulge?

What happened when the cloud cover went away?

Did pilots die permanently in WW2?  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2021, 05:31:11 PM »
Unless maybe all the people circling a GV spawn with bombs takes them away from furballing could be considered one example.

If there were really so many circling with bombs, there would be fighters waiting to kill them. There aren't.

Hunting GV's from the air is a currently fool's errand, so very few players spend the time doing it.

The extensive hiding of GV is already a really bad thing. It will only get worse if you make moving vehicles even more visible while not touching the stationary ones.

Restoring pre-Storch GV icon rules would help solve this problem.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:51:51 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2021, 05:45:23 PM »

Did pilots die permanently in WW2?  :)

They respawned and had to go through an 18 year tutorial... :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2021, 01:31:44 PM »
If there were really so many circling with bombs, there would be fighters waiting to kill them. There aren't.

Hunting GV's from the air is a currently fool's errand, so very few players spend the time doing it.

Restoring pre-Storch GV icon rules would help solve this problem.

I told you this once before when we had a discussion about this very topic on discord.

bring yourself  out there in a tank and see how many planes start circling.

a good number of these players " Kills " is gv kills. KONG for one example, try hiding from that dude in a tank.

And theres no fighters to kill the circling bomb****s because they are to busy hiding in the ack.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
I told you this once before when we had a discussion about this very topic on discord.

bring yourself  out there in a tank and see how many planes start circling.

a good number of these players " Kills " is gv kills. KONG for one example, try hiding from that dude in a tank.

You still miss my point when you are talking about a few select players who are good at hunting GV's from the air. It's takes hours of time and practice to even be competent at it.

I want things reverted to when an inexperienced GV hunter has a chance to get a kill. Even if they don't succeed they will feel that they were close enough to make another sortie worth their while. As it is now, they are hopeless and they learn very quickly not to bother.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »

I want things reverted to when an inexperienced GV hunter has a chance to get a kill. Even if they don't succeed they will feel that they were close enough to make another sortie worth their while. As it is now, they are hopeless and they learn very quickly not to bother.

Why don't you come find out then.

I'm telling you that what your saying is incorrect about the amount of players bomb****ing. The only way you could know this is to come find out. Until you do that you look like a out of touch politician.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2021, 05:10:59 PM »
Why don't you come find out then.

I'm telling you that what your saying is incorrect about the amount of players bomb****ing. The only way you could know this is to come find out. Until you do that you look like a out of touch politician.

I'm willing to grant you that there's probably more GV hunters than I think when it comes to defending a town and guys are hovering over it looking for GV's. But how often do you see anyone fly to a different base/spawn to hunt GV's? This used to be common. I used to fly to the spawn between V bases and was rarely wanting for low air targets to bounce.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2021, 05:41:02 PM »
So then maybe you start a group of people looking for the GV bomb****s. People hide in the trees so the bomb****s dont get them.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2021, 06:38:36 PM »
I love how the "answer" seems to always be "well change your style of play!" Fighters have to become bombt**ds, GVs arent allowed to hide and so on and so on. Well many play this game the way they do because it is why they came here in the first place. Some guys only want to fly ponies, others only want to pop other GV from a great hiding spot time after time. Others want to roll base after base to win the map, 22 vs 2 vs 2 is a perfect setup of them and they love it.

Telling these players to change how they play does only one thing..... It makes more and more players sign off, many for the last time. The only thing that will save this game is for there to be more players. The fighters will have enough people to fight, the GVers will have enough players to lay in wait for and the base grabbers/win the war guys will have enough to grab bases and NOT interfere much with the other players doing there own thing.

I hope HTC works out a way to either drop the price to bring in more players, or give away half dozen planes for free in the MA to play WITH the subscribers.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2021, 07:43:08 PM »
Hooray for the tank that main guns a plane...it's about all the defense the tank has except for the machine gun.  If you get main gunned, tell the tank player "good shot you SOB" and laugh it off.   Get a brand new plane that is free loaded with eggs and go bomb him...sheesh.

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2021, 09:06:18 PM »
You guys do realise that the OP has not chimed in at all.
Yet here you all are just "blah blah". 🤣

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2021, 09:12:14 PM »

Yes, but does it matter?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2021, 09:13:29 PM »
Yet here "we" all are just "blah blah". 🤣

Coogan

I adjusted your statement

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2021, 09:17:10 PM »
I adjusted your statement

Thank you Dick.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2021, 11:25:12 PM »
Hooray for the tank that main guns a plane...it's about all the defense the tank has except for the machine gun.  If you get main gunned, tell the tank player "good shot you SOB" and laugh it off.   Get a brand new plane that is free loaded with eggs and go bomb him...sheesh.

One-eye

:aok
They're casting their bait over there, see?