Author Topic: DCS Apache  (Read 9301 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: DCS Apache
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2022, 01:08:03 PM »

Downloading now...  :cool:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2022, 01:31:20 PM »
Dsc doesn't do auto pilot...

If I understand correctly, that is per plane.  If the planes had autopilot, you have autopilot. 
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2022, 01:57:59 PM »
Probably as I have not try any but ww2 planes

Prettiest app going just don't get the same fun factor out of it as I do in ah...vr or 2d monitor/trackir

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2022, 02:19:05 PM »
Probably as I have not try any but ww2 planes

Prettiest app going just don't get the same fun factor out of it as I do in ah...vr or 2d monitor/trackir

Different kind of game. 

A lot of the squads run private coop missions/campaigns against a AI enemy.  So if you aren't in a DCS squad you won't see those.   i.e. PvE.

WWII is definitely less popular in DCS.  They are slowly adding to that genre.  They are soon to release the WWII version of the Marianas map.  But I just don't think WWII will be the major focus.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase.  I will literally lose 3 hours offline at an empty airfield just practicing learning the Huey.  I will lose 6 months on the Apache easy.  It's been a long time since a flightsim had me that amused just practicing.   I guess I have gotten burned out on fixed wing.  Helo's have given me a second wind.  It's like learning to fly completely over again.  Really different physics.

If it were just another fixed wing, I wouldn't be that interested.  Especially flying at 30k killing dots on a BVR radar.  If I refused to try anything other than WWII, I'd say IL2 is a better choice for now, or AH.

But ripping around at 100ft in a helo pulling tree branches out of my teeth is a different experience.  At least for me.  Just landing is a accomplishment still (but getting much better). ;)

And in DCS, run you own server and allow icons if you want.  I was thinking about doing that and make it helo focused.

As I said, I believe most modules have a two week trial.  If you are trying a helo, maybe give this a try to generate dynamic offline missions to practice on:
Gonna give that a try this weekend. Not sure if it supports Apache yet though.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 02:23:23 PM by CptTrips »

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2022, 06:45:21 AM »
Tha Apache module is the best experience a person can have on the internet right now.

The immersion cannot be matched by any other game. Sixteen hellfires and a 30mm chain gun makes for one hell of a fun time.

If you have the module already lets get a mission goin

If you don't have the module what the heck are you waiting for????

If you have the Mi-24 module and your gonna go "hunting" Apaches I will give you my location
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2022, 08:29:29 AM »
Tha Apache module is the best experience a person can have on the internet right now.

The immersion cannot be matched by any other game. Sixteen hellfires and a 30mm chain gun makes for one hell of a fun time.

If you have the module already lets get a mission goin

If you don't have the module what the heck are you waiting for????

If you have the Mi-24 module and your gonna go "hunting" Apaches I will give you my location

I'd have to agree. 

I've been so tired of dealing with game companies that phone it in.  This is a pleasant surprise.  They've really pulled out the stops here.

It's still early access.  It has some bugs and there are pieces still to finish before the full release.  But it's obvious that there is gold here. 

This sim will be a legend.

But it is a ton to learn. ;)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 09:27:49 AM by CptTrips »

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2022, 11:26:37 AM »
I'm dying. It's been sitting on my drive since Friday but I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Everything I've heard is it's an awesome module. I'm hoping today.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2022, 11:37:14 AM »
I'm dying. It's been sitting on my drive since Friday but I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Everything I've heard is it's an awesome module. I'm hoping today.

I think it's going to  be epic.

I'll just warn you though, the complexity is going to be a monster.  Reminds me of how I felt first getting into Falcon 3.0 back in the day.  Eat it like an elephant, one bite at a time.  I'm OK with that as it gives me something to really sink my teeth into. 

It flys smooth as silk though.  IMHO, easier than the Huey to control.  The only flight problem I've had is it doesn't give the same shudder I had gotten used to with the Huey when it leaves ETL.  You have to pay attention to your speed and VSI when you get down around 30 kts or that drop can get a way from you and then you get Settle With Power condition. 

Luckily the Apache has a very robust undercarriage. ;)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2022, 05:31:25 PM »
The chaingun slaved to me helmet trumps everything. Even the flamethrower and Napalm
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2022, 05:47:57 PM »
These look like fun but I can't stomach paying $60+ per plane lol.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2022, 06:42:27 PM »
These look like fun but I can't stomach paying $60+ per plane lol.

Well, watch.  They go on sale a couple of times a year. 

I payed full price for the Huey like a dummy, but frankly I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth. So, whatever.  Then they all went on sale the next week and I picked up the other Russian helos for 50% off.  Paid -30% off for the Apache I think Early Release.

They are so in depth you really don't need 10 of them.  I have practiced with the Huey for a month barely scratching the surface.  Haven't even touch the Russian helo yet.  Just grabbed them for later. 

Apache and F18 would keeps you fully engaged for at least a year or more if you learn them in depth. 

The only other one I have plans to add at this point is the Kiowa Warrior.

To each their own.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 06:55:10 PM by CptTrips »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2022, 04:39:24 AM »
Hmmmm.  This one might actually tempt me to take a serious dive into the DCS world if it has a cool campaign.
I used to love Microprose Gunship back in the day.

NAH!!!! F-16 Viper Up-Date...Rules them all!! :rofl :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2022, 07:47:55 AM »
Well, watch.  They go on sale a couple of times a year. 

I payed full price for the Huey like a dummy, but frankly I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth. So, whatever.  Then they all went on sale the next week and I picked up the other Russian helos for 50% off.  Paid -30% off for the Apache I think Early Release.

They are so in depth you really don't need 10 of them.  I have practiced with the Huey for a month barely scratching the surface.  Haven't even touch the Russian helo yet.  Just grabbed them for later. 

Apache and F18 would keeps you fully engaged for at least a year or more if you learn them in depth. 

The only other one I have plans to add at this point is the Kiowa Warrior.

To each their own.

The only module I have a lot of interest in is the F-14, but with the amount of study time and money needed for DCS I could just go get my PPL and fly for real instead.  :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »
The only module I have a lot of interest in is the F-14, but with the amount of study time and money needed for DCS I could just go get my PPL and fly for real instead.  :)

That's close to a true statement. ;)  These are study sims not lite plinkers.  That's why I was saying you don't need 10 of them. ;) 

If I saw the F-14 or F-18 on sale for the right price I might get them just for the carrier ops.  Doing carrier ops looks awesome.  I'll watch the F-4E with interest.  Not sure if I'd pull the trigger.  Maybe. Probably would just wait and catch it on a sale, too.

Like I said, for me personally, and it's just personal, I'm just having more fun with helo's at the moment.

Cost is relative and subjective. Some might say paying $180 a year for player made skin batch releases and forum obituary threads is expensive.  It just depends on what you feel you are getting out of it. ;)  ROI is subjective so only you can answer that for yourself.

Now if they came out with a full depth Stuka module, I'd be tempted to dabble in fixed wing again. ;)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2022, 08:58:39 AM »

Cost is relative and subjective. Some might say paying $180 a year for player made skin batch releases and forum obituary threads is expensive.  It just depends on what you feel you are getting out of it. ;)  ROI is subjective so only you can answer that for yourself.

There is still much more to this game than that, but complaining about a forum that you spend every single day on is rich.

FlyKommando.com