Author Topic: Bomber/drones warping  (Read 667 times)

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
Bomber/drones warping
« on: September 04, 2021, 11:40:22 AM »
A question from a returning player concerning bomber warps. This “warp” is seen when a bomber and drones approach at a distance. When the distance closes to around 3.7k the issue disappears. This is seen from a ground gun, cv gun, or fighter. From my perspective, it appears that the lead bomber warps ahead and momentarily, the drones warp to reform. This appears to be straight and level flight and is consistent with any bomber/drone flight I’ve come up against. Not sure which to aim at with the ground and cv guns.

The above description is the only issue of  “warping” that I see. Frame rates are decent, in the 90 to 120 rate. Program version 306, patch 4 according to the opening menu. Ping rate around 100, no packet loss.

Anything else I should look at? This is a standard setup, no VR.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bomber/drones warping
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 12:26:33 PM »
Could it have something to do with packets from closer contacts being updated more often?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 06:10:46 PM »
I see it all the time under the same circumstances. I always thought it had something to do with AH3, since it never done it in AH2
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 07:07:20 PM »
Same here, I never saw it in AH2. Just installed it on a second machine to test it and see the same thing. But this 2nd machine does not have near the vid card as the first one.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 09:04:14 AM »
actually it did it on AH2 also. maybe not as often but it did the same thing. especially large groups of bombers.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 01:01:55 PM »
It tends to occur when a large amount of cons are near a port with a CV in my case. Use the 5 inch guns on a ship and it's fairly reproducible with contacts beyond 5 or 6k away.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 03:39:09 AM »
I have seen this behavior A LOT!   I just chalk it up, to my Smoke Signal Internet Provider :uhoh   I found, it doesnt happen as much, when in Fighter, attacking Bombers, mostly in Ship/Field Guns, beyond 5 k?  Now being said, Icons seem to disappear from time to time...ie...if Lead Bomber is killed, and Drones re-arrange?  Even heard this might happen when pilot mans a gun, for a brief time anyway?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 06:39:14 AM »
I thought it was jumping to guns too as the formation that warps a bit as you fly up to it seems to defend itself sooner and better than the ones that don't seem to show that warp

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 02:56:16 AM »
I thought it was jumping to guns too as the formation that warps a bit as you fly up to it seems to defend itself sooner and better than the ones that don't seem to show that warp

Eagler
EXACTLY!!!  Sure does seem to be, like that! Same Observation that I had!   FU Fine Time...just "Picking" on him!!!! :banana:  Since he has been back...Non-Bish, as per todays version....He channels that "Pre-AH3" hoard VIBE...PERFECTLY!  He isnt a 999,000...but still demands some respect, for those Guns!!!!  BOMBER DWEEB!!!!  :neener:  I recall, VIVIDLY.....FineTime, pulling an Emelman in a Lancaster...and kicking my Donkey!!! :rofl Way back in 2014!!!!!  QUE Chris Farley, in "Dirty Work"!   "YOU BASTARD!!!"   
RIP Norm McDonald   I miss our fights in AVA!  I just cant bear it, with out my Niece!!   AWESOME BAIT!!!!!  "Pink Spit, MUST DIE!"  She told me, to tell you,  if I do show up with out her,   "REALLY EAGLER? My Uncle is RIGHT HERE!  Why pick on me?"  :rofl   She sure did have a BLAST, fighting you!   "OH CHIT! I killed Eagler!"
"Change planes, HUN!!!!" I tell her!      "F THAT....Pink SPIT-Ride or Die!"  I got this.... :huh       I blame Sis🤣😂🤣🤐   OOOPSSSSS  AWESOME MEMORIES Brother!!!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain