Author Topic: X52 All Settings Wiped Out...  (Read 539 times)

Offline BHawk51

• Zinc Member
X52 All Settings Wiped Out...
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:52:41 PM »
Bought a new X52 and had to go through each button and reprogram them in the AH Map Controllers. SO spent a couple of days doing this, got them all set, used it a couple days and today the entire AH Map Controllers section wiped clean...nothing there. I transferred the settings folder over from old CPU and renamed that one, and rename the other as settings1. I have some settings but not where they belong.
Are all the stick mapping programmed points stored in the setting folder?

Bhawk

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: X52 All Settings Wiped Out...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 06:18:35 PM »
This has happened to me too. And at least one other FSO squaddie at different times. Completely at random one night I went to fly in FSO and had no mapping for anything. I've since saved the whole folder on case it randomly happens again!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »
Bought a new X52 and had to go through each button and reprogram them in the AH Map Controllers. SO spent a couple of days doing this, got them all set, used it a couple days and today the entire AH Map Controllers section wiped clean...nothing there. I transferred the settings folder over from old CPU and renamed that one, and rename the other as settings1. I have some settings but not where they belong.
Are all the stick mapping programmed points stored in the setting folder?

Bhawk

Yes all the joystick, throttle, pedal setting are saved in the settings folder as a xxxx.jsm file, the xxxx being the name of your controller. Also all VR settings are saved separate from the regular settings.

A good way to set up a back up is to set the setting like you want them and then copy the setting folder and save it some place. This way if it happens again you can just copy and paste the settings folder and be ready to go.

Last thing, be sure to check which "mode" your in with the controllers. If you set your controls in mode 2 and then try to play in mode 1 you wont have any saved setting. Each mode can be different.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 09:16:18 AM »
My settings on my X56 got corrupted yesterday, had to reload my backup settings. :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76