Author Topic: October 2021 KOTH Results  (Read 1558 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
October 2021 KOTH Results
« on: October 09, 2021, 11:28:23 PM »
Eagler won, -{S}- and Congratulations. Logs are up and round by round results up sooner than usual, but not tonight.
One of those  :confused:  :headscratch:  :O events from one point of view. Perk choice passed up the food chain, which..... is my only link in said chain.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: October 2021 KOTH Results
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 07:27:39 AM »
Thanks for hosting fuzeman!

I missed whatever happened this time ...

Good fights and always a great time for me ...some of the best times AH has to offer these days IMO

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 02:57:07 AM »
Congratulations 🎊 👏  Eagler!

I  was going to show up and fly but was having conflicting thoughts....

I have posted back in June in the general discussion forum that I would  not try to win any more monthly KOTH events because of  winning back to back earlier...

So me showing up and just hunting wabbits, although is fun to do...it isn't being fair to all others and I  view it as I am altering/ skewing what the actual results would be

Does anyone else view it like this?

I'm not sure I will be able to even show up in November due to Doctors and birthdays and family stuff...

But I'm going to try and show up for December KOTH event and I am going to be playing to win December KOTH event...if I am able to be there

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 06:40:33 AM »
Thanks TC!

Yes, that wasn't the plan.

There were two other rabbits before I won my 1st round...

I was hoping one of them would take it before I did but was not going to just give it to them.

As together you and I have won 5 out of the 9 KOTH held this year, I suggested a bit back other high kill players should be invited to the end of year tournament which fuzeman did.

I showed up to pump up the numbers so fuzeman has enough players to make it worth his time.

Not sure if that was the right thing to do either in hindsight..

Should previous winners be banned from the other KOTH matches for that year? Just a thought..

Then again maybe they show up to try to kill us :)

<S>

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
Well in my opinion and who knows if this is even close to anybody else’s view is that KOTH needs a certain amount of people to make it KOTH. Four people show up and if spacing is right you end up with three duels. If not a three way fight and a duel. That’s NOT KOTH in my view.
In a perfect world we should have enough players that the winner should have to win four or five dogfights and work for it. Do the math and that means 25 to 35 players and I’m not sure we ever had that. Four wins a round is 16 and we never even get that.
KOTH seems to be an event that really interests a small percentage of the player base but those who attend generally have a good time I think we just need people in the event.
I’ve always been puzzled why a strictly dog fighting event doesn’t get more interest. Sure you go against some very skilled folks but I’d swear my melee fighting was MUCH better when flying regularly in the KOTH I didn’t host but that event isn’t now.
Similar to main arena it’s tough to compete against very skilled players but we have wabbit hunting to equalize that. And those skilled pilots are not always in their best plane which makes it tougher for them.

This just popped into my head and not even sure it’s good or bad but here goes…..

You win a KOTH that adds a round to how many you need to win the event.
Don’t have a KOTH win it still takes three to win. After you win a KOTH you have to win four rounds to win the event. For you guys with 3 KOTH  wins would need 6 round wins to win the event. That would add to my workload having to know all previous winners but you guys could track that yourself or add it to results posts somehow.

Gloomy out but I have to change my leaking radiator before the 20th for the trip to Dayton OH for squads 25th Anniversary at the USAF Museum there.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »
Hi fuzeman

If you check the logs I think I had 4 kills the last round

<S>

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 09:30:37 AM »
I did and they are recorded from what I saw.
Thinking about it now after the fact if they weren’t recorded  we would never have kills recorded as the event winner is generally the only one that ever does land, with Lazer the recent exception.
So it seems you get credit for the kill as it happens and don’t need that landing to make it official.

On first cup of coffee so would like verification as confidence is low for my cogitation processes this early in the day. At least I hit the cup with the coffee and super creamer :aok

-{S}-
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:38:41 AM by fuzeman »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:06:32 PM »
Today's thing to do, my radiator. Wanted to change this rusty old, leaking one, for hopefully non-defective new shiny one before it takes me to Dayton, OH the 20th and hopefully gets me back the 24th.  :aok

I don't usually wear gloves when working on the van but from now on radiator work gets gloves!!! Those cooling fins are sharp as razor blades.... and there are a lot of them.
Anyway.....
October's KOTH lasted about ninety minutes and we flew seven rounds. We had nine folks flying around and a pair of wabbits the last round.
Eagler had the biggest wabbit teeth and won earning our congratulations and a crisp -{S}-  The Bf 109F-4 was chosen for Novembers chariot of battle.

Round by round results:
1} SEViper in a Bf 109K-4
2} Navy in a Spitfire Mk VIII
3} Lazer in a Ki-84-Ia
4} SEViper in a P-38G   {Wabbit}
5} Eagler in a A6M5b
6} Eagler in a Bf 109F-4   {Wabbit}
7} Eagler  wins in a FM2

Eagler and SEViper earn reservations to the TOC with Navy thrown in for number of kills.
We also have a attendance slot that I'll have to update. Chances of that pretty slim if you start now. I will start working on the TOC list after the trip to Dayton.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 03:12:10 AM »
Hey Dave, regarding if any of the KOTH events ever had 35+ participants show up...yes sir we did...but that was many years ago..

My most favorite round/ memory was you Big Max, myself, ManeTMP, Jish, Lute and another of others all flying the F4U-1 and it was one of the biggest furballs in KOTH that I had ever seen or been in.... if I remember correctly I won that round but the biggest thing about was I shot down something like 10+ opponents in less than 20 seconds....

This was back in the day when I was not there to even try to win a  round or two or three.... Jish (Dace's brother) and I with like a few others were seeing who could have the most kills....it Seems like Jish and I really enjoyed giving each other a run for most kills...with several others trying as well,  that me personally (I think Jish65 had the same views) didn't care about winning a round...we just wanted to be at the top with most kills...

This went on for about 3 years until you had to drop keeping the most kills list going...that was about the time the KOTH TOC came about and I finally gave in to making an effort to actually try and win....which became it's own little competition between some of us, like grizz and myself seeing who could have the most invites...lot of fun memories participating in KOTH from back in AW years and through all these years in AH.....

Doubt I will make the November KOTH event...depending on what date it falls...right after November 11th...

Really appreciate all you have done to keep this long traditional event going fuzeman <S>

TC /Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 12:05:40 PM »
Wish I could remember that     :)

Like I say, I think for a round win you should almost have to be an ace getting close to 5 kills and using fuze-math that means 32 flying.
I have to start using deodorant before the event.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 06:36:13 PM »
All for upping the win requirements for previous KOTH winners ..

I think TC should have to win 6.. a double rabbit :)

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 07:00:31 PM »
All for upping the win requirements for previous KOTH winners ..

I think TC should have to win 6.. a double rabbit :)

Eagler

Oh you do, huh? :)

Well then, TC….   how many should Eagler have to win??   :devil

:bolt:

Van made it to Dayton, Ohio and back with no issues. Got my best mileage ever on the way down and second best mpg for a tank-full of gas on the return trip.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:04:19 PM by fuzeman »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2021, 03:00:19 AM »
Oh you do, huh? :)

Well then, TC….   how many should Eagler have to win??   :devil

:bolt:

Van made it to Dayton, Ohio and back with no issues. Got my best mileage ever on the way down and second best mpg for a tank-full of gas on the return trip.

Good to hear that you had a good and safe trip there, fuzeman!

As for how many should Eagler have to win...even though he has won 3 to my 2.... I will go with the same double wabbit example with 1 slight change being that a wabbit is winning 2 rounds,  so to win the event Eagler and I would have to win a  total of 5 rounds not 6...
I am game...doing this between Eagler and I for these last two KOTH events of 2021....just hoping Dave,  that you might be able to get November KOTH scheduled for the weekend of Nov 13th so I can make it 😀

<S >

TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 07:47:19 AM »
13th is the second Saturday of the month and that’s where I try to stick it.
This is all for you two and not official but is adding another win to KOTH winners good?
Maybe you two can let us know.

I did end up locking my keys in the van on checkout day.
Pretty darn hard to find a metal coat hanger these days too.
Finding that was impossible and a suitable replacement was found.
Finding that took longer than breaking into the van. Is it breaking in when you own it though?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »
Sure if Eagler agrees to what I last posted

It will make it harder for the both of us and entice others to really try harder from keeping either him or I from winning...hahahaha

TC