Author Topic: The Ghost of Kyiv  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Ghost of Kyiv
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »
Everything points to it being DCS

On the first video upload it says DCS..........
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 04:02:01 PM »
Eagle Dynamics released a statement on discord asking ppl to stop using DCS to create fake Ukraine videos. Must be quite a few out there.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2022, 04:29:48 PM »
Seems to me that Russia is heading for another fiasco like their occupation of Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989. Mujahideen insurgents throughout that country made life for the occupying Russians a living hell.
I have little doubt that a Ukrainian resistance will be even more devastating to their invaders... and the insurgents' appearance doesn't set them apart from their occupiers.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2022, 04:56:54 PM »
On the first video upload it says DCS..........
I am simply answering the question. No idea what you are referring to.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 05:54:19 PM »
Seems to me that Russia is heading for another fiasco like their occupation of Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989. Mujahideen insurgents throughout that country made life for the occupying Russians a living hell.
I have little doubt that a Ukrainian resistance will be even more devastating to their invaders... and the insurgents' appearance doesn't set them apart from their occupiers.

There are big differences between Afghanistan and Ukraine.

The Soviets in Afghanistan and later the US and it's allies, might as well have been aliens from different planets.

Ukraine, while having very good reasons to hate Russia going back at least 100 years or more are more like each other and share ancestry and customs.

I believe they will have less will to resist, but I guess time will tell.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2022, 10:57:41 PM »
There are big differences between Afghanistan and Ukraine.

The Soviets in Afghanistan and later the US and it's allies, might as well have been aliens from different planets.

Ukraine, while having very good reasons to hate Russia going back at least 100 years or more are more like each other and share ancestry and customs.

I believe they will have less will to resist, but I guess time will tell.
They have plenty reasons to love USSR.
Everything modern Ukraine is, they owe to Lenin and Stalin.
Adding to Ukrainan Republic-Eastern Poland, Crimea, Part of Prussia and Western part of Russia where the fight is and for today:) I imagine Ghost of Kiev is over Kiev, which is almost 900 kilometers to disputed territory WHERE THE FIGHT IS. Nobody is bombing or attacking Kiev. Jesus Christ i thought AH players would at least look at the map.
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2022, 11:34:31 PM »
They have plenty reasons to love USSR.
Everything modern Ukraine is, they owe to Lenin and Stalin.
Adding to Ukrainan Republic-Eastern Poland, Crimea, Part of Prussia and Western part of Russia where the fight is and for today:) I imagine Ghost of Kiev is over Kiev, which is almost 900 kilometers to disputed territory WHERE THE FIGHT IS. Nobody is bombing or attacking Kiev. Jesus Christ i thought AH players would at least look at the map.

Dude Kyiv is literally under siege and there is fighting in the streets right now. Russian paratroopers dropped into and took control of the airport day 1. The reg army came in by ground from Belarus, about 100km from Kyiv.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2022, 11:38:25 PM »
Clearly neither of you two posters know many Ukrainians. They spent far too many years under the USSR boot and emerged a successful demonstration of a people seeking democracy. 
Kyiv is under attack and despite being out-manned and out-gunned, Ukrainians are bravely fighting their invaders; and I'll wager they will continue to do so even if, or more like when their country falls.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2022, 11:46:22 PM »
russians by the hundreds are being arrested for protesting the ucraine invasion.  heard rumors of Russians incineration trucks to hide the truth about how many Russians got killed.  i havent gotten a firm confirmation on that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 01:03:08 AM »
russians by the hundreds are being arrested for protesting the ucraine invasion.  heard rumors of Russians incineration trucks to hide the truth about how many Russians got killed.  i havent gotten a firm confirmation on that.

semp

And?

Protests in an authoritarian society don’t tend to last long.
They're casting their bait over there, see?