Author Topic: New box OTW for Christmas!  (Read 889 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New box OTW for Christmas!
« on: October 30, 2021, 10:36:01 PM »
Well I did some work on what Im going to be getting. I'm not a gamer at all anymore. I just don't have the time right now to get on and sit on my bellybutton for 3-4 hours like I used to playing only Aces High and nothing else! So I won't need a 500+ watt power suply to play the games that are really only a fading memory. The only graphics work i do now is just watching You Tube lol and yeah that's the most I do with graphics work at the moment. So theres my new machine! What do you think of my new PC so far?!? :noid

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop-tp01-2225xt-bundle-pc

Morph<S>
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: New box OTW for Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 03:46:08 AM »
I'm sorry Morpheus, but I think you're going to very disappointed with that purchase. Look for a prebuilt with an RTX 3060 or 2080 as a minimum. AH3 depends heavily on a graphics card. Will it run AH? Sure. Offline, but not for the MA. I predict that soon after, you'll want to spend double the price of that machine on an RTX card.
Guys on this board are always flagging new bargain deals. Ask about your options.
Intel's 12 Gen Alderlake is set for release and shipment on Thursday. You'll see many vendors looking to dump their older stock in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:52:59 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 11:02:15 AM »
THANKS!!!

With any posting like this one on this particular forum I'm looking and hoping for any constructive criticisms like yours because you are helping me for getting home my end result and what I both want and really do NEED. I did not know what you have brought up and I am VERY VERY THANKFUL to have you a fellow friend, the same sort of friend who id most likely be looking for the same, you will have an idea of what I NEED and am looking for of my next new PC!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN!!!

Morph <S>

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »
Yeah that's pretty much gonna be a home office box, Morph. Generally won't cut it for even light 3D gaming I'd think. Integrated graphics alone make it a no. 300W PSU paints you into a corner there too. Little bit of RAM might not even keep up with what the OS is throwing at it. Normally, I'd advise you just build your own to have better control over components and cost. It's a lot easier than you think, trust me. It might have been more of a mystery in the 90s but all the info you need is all over the net today. If you can figure out a phillip's head screwdriver, you can prolly build your own PD. Problem right now, in two words, is---chip shortage. It's effectively crucified obtaining the parts needed and will for at least another year they say. If you can find stuff in stock, it's ridiculously overpriced. So unfortunately, if you need a new box somewhat quickly, you're pretty much stuck with a pre-built. Which you can get but you'll have to up your specs in order to play this or almost any other game. Problem with pre-builts a lot of the time (not always) is their layout is non-standard OEM. So you'll play hell upgrading anything in the future.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 11:02:12 AM »
I am under the impression he won't be playing games with it, as he said he'd only be using it for YouTube and he's not a gamer anymore?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 03:02:09 PM »
I am under the impression he won't be playing games with it, as he said he'd only be using it for YouTube and he's not a gamer anymore?

Oh well it'd be fine for that! :aok
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 07:07:46 PM »
Sigh...

The nights of when I would be jumping on line and grabbing a spit5 or 9 to own anyone hour after hour lasting hundreds of hours a
 week are long over done with and as far as me playing AH anymore or any other game on line are sadly pretty much done and gone. 

Morph<S>

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 07:22:10 PM »
Sigh...

The nights of when I would be jumping on line and grabbing a spit5 or 9 to own anyone hour after hour lasting hundreds of hours a
 week are long over done with and as far as me playing AH anymore or any other game on line are sadly pretty much done and gone. 

Morph<S>

I fully understand where you are coming from with your above post....the most important thing overall is that you are still with us!

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 07:27:16 PM »
there's laptops that cost 1/2 as much and will do the same thing.  just another idea.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 08:13:10 PM »
there's laptops that cost 1/2 as much and will do the same thing.  just another idea.

semp

That's probably the way I'd go if I was sure I'd never want to load up a game. I very rarely play but I wouldn't want to box myself into that corner. I'm pretty stupid that way. :lol
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 02:27:34 AM »
I have been banned from youtube :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 08:50:13 AM »
I fully understand where you are coming from with your above post....the most important thing overall is that you are still with us!

<S>

TC

Thanks TC! You are especially one of those dudes who has always offered common courtesy and more importantly respect towards me! I don't know why or even why many of these dweebs are commenting and brining negativity towards my latest PC???
LOL are you fools going to start dropping me quite a load of ging so that I can get some more hardware which not even HP offers to the public?? And what the F will I gain from all this newer and much more expensive junk from? To get to play the AH game which hasn't delivered the same jolt or fun that it used to almost 20 years ago??? LOL No way in hell am I going to drop a few more hundred to grab a fast moving PC just to play the game as well as anything else that I don't use in the first place anyways !!! lol
They're out there! You dweebs need to go and find and gab a clue!!! It'll help you all with offering common sense advise to someone who really gives a rats A or even cares!!!LOLOL