Author Topic: Yet another Reverb G2 question....  (Read 511 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Yet another Reverb G2 question....
« on: November 05, 2021, 12:17:40 PM »
So now that my G2 is working well, I still have one annoying issue, and I'm wondering if similar to the cumbersome startup routine, it's just something I have just to put up with, or perhaps someone has found an easy fix.

If I'm playing AH, and need to take a break to for example, drain my sumps or grab a snack, and stay logged in, when I return and put on my headset, I get the seemingly indefinite "waiting" issue, and end up shutting down Aces High, and the WMR software, and have to relog etc, to get things working smoothly again.

I did see something in a doc where Rocco  you recently posted a link for where, assuming I understood correctly, there may be an issue with the G2 reestablishing connection with the GPU, and the suggestion was unplug and replug the headset cable in the USB port, failing success there reboot....am hoping for an easier solution....

Do other G2 users get this too?  And if so have you found a fix?  Thanks  in advance for suggestions.   :salute

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
Re: Yet another Reverb G2 question....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 02:24:17 PM »
I think that was for an error on initial startup if I remember right. I don't really leave AH running if I step away for more than a few minutes so I can't say if I have the same issue. I do know if steamvr or WMR shuts down while I'm in game I have to exit the game to reconnect. For some reason AH doesn't reconnect to the headset.

It sounds like your headset and WMR/SteamVR is going to sleep and not waking up properly. You can try extending the time it takes for the headset to go to sleep, or turn off the suspend WMR and its apps option. both are in windows settings -> mixed reality -> headset display. I would suggest trying turning off the suspend WMR option first, there's a warning about display burn-in if the headset stays on without moving for more than a half hour. dunno if that's a risk with the g2 but I wouldn't want to test it.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 03:25:07 PM »

I know that with the quest that some people place a piece of tape over the sensor in the headset so that it doesnt recognize that you have removed the headset.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »
Thanks guys.  I had the display turned down so it would give me 25 minutes prior to going to sleep, but it still seemed to go idle in a very short time, but I'll try just turning it off, then perhaps the tape trick last.  One thing I liked about the CV-1 is I could take it on and off, which was helpful for breaks during a scenario, or prior to start if there was opportunity to help the CO with invites etc.