Author Topic: 2021 KOTH TOC List  (Read 3782 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2021 KOTH TOC List
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »
I agree. I think the earlier slot was used to accommodate both US and Euro players but the Euro part of KOTH has disappeared but I did want to ask the participants who will actually be there.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 11:42:49 AM »
Whatever works for the majority

Thanks fuzeman!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 01:36:14 PM »
OK, how is this. After an in-depth Team discussion,   :confused: , we are having an evening TOC.  Being the TOC, I would entertain a later start time on Saturday night, say 10 pm, IF that would help attendance.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 02:56:51 PM »
OK, how is this. After an in-depth Team discussion,   :confused: , we are having an evening TOC.  Being the TOC, I would entertain a later start time on Saturday night, say 10 pm, IF that would help attendance.
10pm cst?  That's almost too late for me and I not that old yet.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 03:12:55 PM »
10pm cst?  That's almost too late for me and I not that old yet.

Is regular 9pm EST better?  I am  :old:

Thanks for the feedback.  :aok

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2021, 10:11:21 AM »
Is regular 9pm EST better?  I am  :old:

Thanks for the feedback.  :aok

That works for me, but it would be nice to hear from others on the list too.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2021, 11:06:37 AM »
That works for me, but it would be nice to hear from others on the list too.

Couldn’t agree more. It is always a thing where no time is great for everyone though.
We do what we can.   :aok

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2021, 12:27:30 PM »
Anything after 6pm EST start is too late for me, and Sat/Sun nights are usually no-go, too.

Sorry I haven't made it much this year. It's still my favourite event. I'll try to make TOC but doubtful.

Thanks for all your efforts fuzeman.  :salute

Simon

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2021, 01:07:36 PM »
Anything after 6pm EST start is too late for me, and Sat/Sun nights are usually no-go, too.

Sorry I haven't made it much this year. It's still my favourite event. I'll try to make TOC but doubtful.

Thanks for all your efforts fuzeman.  :salute

Simon

Thanks for input Simon and I feel right in the middle of a dill pickle :confused:
I’d like you to have the opportunity to attend but now I have to balance having an early event that you may attend that late night people cant versus a later event that shuts you down but allows those late night people.
Argh, the joy of hosting KOTH. We’ll figure it out. I will sit down with a Labatt’s Blue Lite along with me who’ll have a Guiness with myself rounding out the team downing a non-alcoholic beverage.  :uhoh

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2021, 01:23:35 PM »
I don't ever expect to even win one of these KOTH TOC events.......with that said and dealing with what I recently went through back on December 3rd...

All I need is about a 2 to 3 hour text  alert ⚠️ 📢 or phone 📱 📲 ☎️ 📞 call,  to make sure I am awake, and up about moving around so my hands/ fingers/ etc are not numb, dead feeling...

Maybe even some of y'all might want to get together early a few hours before the TOC starts and warm up practice some???  Just a thought

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2021, 01:36:11 PM »
At least you get in  :aok
I’ll try , WILL, remind you at T-180 minutes.
A few used to come in early for practice but it seems lately I’m in there alone flying through hangers until the last minute and folks start trickling in. More than once I’ve thought we didn’t have enough to run the event, 4 or 5 people, and I check the roster again and we have 7 or 8, still not enough for a real KOTH but it sort of works but the fewer people the more duels we have opposed to a KOTH.

I have noticed a time or three the early person who warms up with me does well with in the event.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 01:37:57 PM by fuzeman »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2021, 05:23:02 PM »
Getting close so decision time, mostly  :lol
This sort of shuts Simon out, but in his own words his attendance would be doubtful, but I'm going with its regular time slot, 9 PM EST.
If you can make the event it follows you can make the TOC. I think we can still swing it an hour either way if feedback dictates that.

edit- we are on ST now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 05:27:45 PM by fuzeman »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2022, 08:09:30 PM »
Do you have what it takes to be THE Aces High's King of the Hill?

http://www.ahevents.net/index.php/events/koth

We have our 2021 Tournament Of Champions to run on Saturday 15 January 2022 in SEA II at 9 PM EST, 8 pm CST, 7 pm MST, 6 pm PST with Lazers choice of the P-38G.
The reservation list for the TOC- Eagler, FX1, JeffN, Lazer, Navy, Peanut1, Rylee, SEViper, Simon, tdgShane, TC, train45, trogdor, Violator, Wiley
Winner of the TOC gets three months of Aces High. While you do need a reservation to fly in the TOC, as usual CM Eye will be enabled to watch fights as long as watchers do not transform into distruptors. CM Eye is enabled in the TA for testing and setup purposes I believe.

Concept:

All players fly the same plane type
    Fight to the death
    Winner of the round chooses the next plane
    Repeat until someone wins three rounds,
     which do not need to be in a row.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »
Don’t write off 2021 just yet!!! We have to finish the 2021 KOTH season with our TOC next Saturday. I have not flown all year but I have six days to figure out how I’m going to sit down for an hour or so.  I’m thinking a 5 gallon bucket and a pillow should work.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 08:46:32 AM »
Lots of stuff going on but we do have the 2021 KOTH TOC this weekend.