Author Topic: Head postion  (Read 5751 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Head postion
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »
It sounds like it is acting just like when you have an axis tied to a head movement.

If you used the link above to test your keyboard button pushes and that checked out ok then I would think your windows is fine and not in need of re-installing.

Next Id go into the game and click on "Options", "controls", "map controllers". In the top right drop down box select each controller and see what is assigned to each axis. Check each controller including the mouse to be sure nothing is assigned to a head movement. I'd even go so far as to UN-assign each one at a time and retest the head movement with the arrow keys to see if any of them clear the issue.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2021, 10:36:34 AM »
HP jerks just a tad like the arrow keys.. no real movements

Jerking just a tad, I've only ever seen that happen if there was an axis bound/head tracking was enabled.  We've been over that 3 or so times, so not sure what to make of that but I suspect that's the root of the issue.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »
You can go to this site

https://keyboardchecker.com/

and test to be sure your key presses are being seen by the computer.
My KB worked just fine on that and everything else  but not AH3 or older.

No i do not have VR or TIR installed

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »
What controllers are you using?

Iirc AH use to assign head movement to one of the toe brakes on CH pedals back when I used the hat for views.

You can try getting into an airplane and then moving each one of the analog controls including trim pots, toe brakes, rudder axis, etc. and see if your head position changes. If it does then you found the issue, if not I'm stumped as to why you can not adjust your head position.

:salute

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2021, 04:52:28 PM »
GenMata...... I tried reading back through the thread and still wasn't sure if you are having the problem of not seeing guages in cockpit....If so, on clipboard before entering game click on video settings tab> uncheck auto select> check the custom setting box and try typing 107 in the custom setting box for field of view.  once that is done, your head should be in a better position to see things in the cockpit.  Make sure the video card listed in the top left is the correct card and the drivers for the card are up to date. Have you gotten that far and now wish to move your head positions around and save them along with mapping keys to use your hat switch or keypad controls on your keyboard?

One-eye

"One-Eye"

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2021, 11:56:04 AM »
GenMata...... I tried reading back through the thread and still wasn't sure if you are having the problem of not seeing guages in cockpit....If so, on clipboard before entering game click on video settings tab> uncheck auto select> check the custom setting box and try typing 107 in the custom setting box for field of view.  once that is done, your head should be in a better position to see things in the cockpit.  Make sure the video card listed in the top left is the correct card and the drivers for the card are up to date. Have you gotten that far and now wish to move your head positions around and save them along with mapping keys to use your hat switch or keypad controls on your keyboard?

One-eye
Card is correct with latest drivers.
My problems is the arrows dont work my head position adjustments nor dose page up/down which is my main problem.. Key mapping shows this is what should be working and i know form past how to it should work.
and i found i could set a key for to see gauges but i can't see something well in some planes. flight yoke blocks the view.
i've tried other keyboards, nothing changes.
i remapped keys to hat switch did not work
no HP adjustments possible.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:12:14 PM by GenMata »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2021, 04:01:14 PM »
https://youtu.be/8Q2gA7QP-e4

What is yours set at?

Mine is set to 109

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2021, 06:04:15 PM »
Another thing you could do is post a copy of your controller jsm (C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings)files here for these guys to go through them. For each controller you have you will have a jsm file. Click the "Attachments" button below in a "post reply" message, navigate to the folder and grab each of the jsm files.

Then we can look through and see what you have assigned to what in the game and see if there are any abnormalities.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2021, 09:45:19 PM »
well that didn't go well
i tried to send all 4 .jsm files

Anyone have a good CH Fighterstick.fsm setup i could try?
I dont know.  i think the issue is in the keyboard setup
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 10:04:24 PM by GenMata »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2021, 10:52:59 PM »
Damn, sorry about that, I didnt notice the file type restrictions.

What you could do is go to the settings file, and click on each of the jsm file WHILE holding the "CTRL" button down. With all 4 selected, right click the files and select "zip". mine suggests "compress to "settings.zip"". Save it to the desktop, and then attach that file to the "post reply" window. That should work as zip files are allowed.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2021, 03:34:52 AM »
You can also choose all .jsm files by keeping Ctrl down while clicking each of the .jsm files once. Then by right clicking on one of the selected you can pack all of them into one single .zip file the way Fugi instructed. The file will be named by the file you're right clicking but it will contain all blue lined files.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2021, 06:15:33 PM »
i will zip them to you

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2021, 06:19:53 PM »
here is my zip file

Online SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2021, 06:41:48 PM »
Are you using CH Control Manager by any chance?

If you are try turning it off then start AH and see if your head position issue is resolved.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2021, 06:46:57 PM »
I didnt see any conflicts in those.

SIKs idea about the CH manager is a good one, also did you switch your FOV (field of View) to the old standard of 106?

When you start the game, sign in, and then on the next page in the second column click on "Video Settings". When that opens select a "Custom Field of View", and type 106 in the box and click the OK. Go into the game and test it again.