Author Topic: Overnight Tower Sitters  (Read 5893 times)

Offline dallash

• Zinc Member
Overnight Tower Sitters
« on: November 24, 2021, 06:21:32 AM »
Howdy Gents,

I would like to give a special shout-out and request to the folks who fall asleep drunk at the keyboard, or just walk off and leave the game while in tower. Are you folks hanging out in the hopes that your country will win, and you will get the meager perks that are awarded? Do you get distracted and forget you are logged in?

I have heard it said that "it doesn't affect anything", and that may be the case with the number of people who are logged in at night when you call it quits. But it is, quite regularly, a pain in the butt to the morning crew. I am not going to name any names, but there are two guys in the tower right now at 6 am CST and it is causing the Bishops to have ENY, even though we really have the equivalent number of players actively playing. Almost every morning, these guys cause their teammates to fly higher ENY planes and the auto-switchers don't ever join and help because it looks like we outnumber everyone. I cannot count the number of times I have had to take an Ostwind instead of a Wirb, or 24's instead of Lancs, or not take off in B29's at all.

If this is you or one of your squaddies, I am asking that you think about your fellow AH players. My schedule just doesn't allow for playing at night when it is busiest, and we morning guys are faced with this every day. I have seen it happen to the rooks quite a bit frequently, and I am sure it has happened to the Knights in the past.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter :-)

D

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Overnight Tower Sitters
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 06:56:24 AM »
Many, many AH community members have asked Dale to auto-boot tower sitters, or come up with a formula that nullifies their effect on ENY. Obviously it's never happened, nor have I ever heard from the boss-man as to why. Has HTC ever addressed this?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:31:31 AM »
Many, many AH community members have asked Dale to auto-boot tower sitters, or come up with a formula that nullifies their effect on ENY. Obviously it's never happened, nor have I ever heard from the boss-man as to why. Has HTC ever addressed this?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,362537.msg4823819.html#msg4823819

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 10:01:45 PM »
dude str8 don't care and never did
I cannot for the life of me understand why you seem to comment on every thread that Hitech is this and Hitech doesn't care or wont bother to do this. If you have such a massive hate for him don't comment we get tired of seeing it. If you cannot say anything nice don't say it easy as that
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 10:48:02 PM »
I cannot for the life of me understand why you seem to comment on every thread that Hitech is this and Hitech doesn't care or wont bother to do this. If you have such a massive hate for him don't comment we get tired of seeing it. If you cannot say anything nice don't say it easy as that
Absolutely no hate for him. Have you seen his inactivity at all? Hes going up to a week at a time without even looking at the forums. Retardation is the only good reason for people to continue making wishes.. this games nothing but a way to pay for his gas anymore. Very clear he is A OK with letting it putter out and never coming out of the Captain's bunk to entertain any last players. Nothing against him, just str8 retarded to think he's going to do anything else for us.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 11:50:46 PM »
He's shown that the whole time.
-AoM-

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
Absolutely no hate for him. Have you seen his inactivity at all? Hes going up to a week at a time without even looking at the forums. Retardation is the only good reason for people to continue making wishes.. this games nothing but a way to pay for his gas anymore. Very clear he is A OK with letting it putter out and never coming out of the Captain's bunk to entertain any last players. Nothing against him, just str8 retarded to think he's going to do anything else for us.

The entire skin submission, update and adoption system was completely overhauled recently. It has made it light years easier to update, adopt and also correct skin name changes. He’s working on things in the background.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 10:24:25 AM »
I remember him saying the next thing on his list was code mods to support the Vulcan API, which is all under-the-hood kind of stuff.   

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 04:55:49 PM »
The entire skin submission, update and adoption system was completely overhauled recently. It has made it light years easier to update, adopt and also correct skin name changes. He’s working on things in the background.
Skins are the very last thing this game needs to continue....but cool.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 09:44:57 PM »

quite possibly so Hitech wouldn't have to work so hard after you guys roll out a bunch of skins.

I remember him saying the next thing on his list was code mods to support the Vulcan API, which is all under-the-hood kind of stuff.   

Yes, a great bunch of software to make the game run better....... as we lose more and more players.

Skins are the very last thing this game needs to continue....but cool.

Agreed, the only updates the game gets any more. I hear there are 3 maps completed and are just waiting on approval by Hitech, 2 by Kong, and 1 by Kenii

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2021, 03:25:24 AM »
It's AMAZING that except for Fugi the majority of the rest are folks who haven't played since the 2000's are posting.   

PAY YOUR SUB.....then you can gripe.

ROX

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2021, 02:26:46 PM »
It's AMAZING that except for Fugi the majority of the rest are folks who haven't played since the 2000's are posting.   

ROX

I have paid my sub since starting... unbroken. I have not played since February freeze this time. Last time was over a year when our home was flooded after Harvey. I still have not canceled.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2021, 02:56:48 PM »
Howdy Gents,

I would like to give a special shout-out and request to the folks who fall asleep drunk at the keyboard, or just walk off and leave the game while in tower. Are you folks hanging out in the hopes that your country will win, and you will get the meager perks that are awarded? Do you get distracted and forget you are logged in?

I have heard it said that "it doesn't affect anything", and that may be the case with the number of people who are logged in at night when you call it quits. But it is, quite regularly, a pain in the butt to the morning crew. I am not going to name any names, but there are two guys in the tower right now at 6 am CST and it is causing the Bishops to have ENY, even though we really have the equivalent number of players actively playing. Almost every morning, these guys cause their teammates to fly higher ENY planes and the auto-switchers don't ever join and help because it looks like we outnumber everyone. I cannot count the number of times I have had to take an Ostwind instead of a Wirb, or 24's instead of Lancs, or not take off in B29's at all.

If this is you or one of your squaddies, I am asking that you think about your fellow AH players. My schedule just doesn't allow for playing at night when it is busiest, and we morning guys are faced with this every day. I have seen it happen to the rooks quite a bit frequently, and I am sure it has happened to the Knights in the past.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter :-)

D
Haz ANYonE SeeN CYBRo reCently??? hahaha

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 10:01:42 PM »

ROX and I come from very different points of the game...but on this point, I very much agree with him.

- oldman (and that may be a first!)