Author Topic: Overnight Tower Sitters  (Read 5892 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Overnight Tower Sitters
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2022, 08:41:04 AM »
All of this whining is brought to you by existence of the ENY handicapping system.  Another example of ENY creating more problems than it solves.  It was turned off for a while and it was great.

It’s too bad that system of handicapping players and countries was ever invented.   It is truly the stupidest and most detrimental piece if game code.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »
All of this whining is brought to you by existence of the ENY handicapping system.  Another example of ENY creating more problems than it solves.  It was turned off for a while and it was great.

When was ENY ever turned off? In the past 17 years I can't remember ever such a thing happening?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2022, 09:16:58 AM »
When was ENY ever turned off? In the past 17 years I can't remember ever such a thing happening?  :headscratch:

It was some time in the last year or 2 for a short period, it was obviously great for those that like to run with the higher number side. I remember nothing great about it, closer to a joke and no reason to stay logged on if you were trying to help the lower numbered sides.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 09:23:02 AM by whiteman »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2022, 09:42:23 AM »
It was some time in the last year or 2 for a short period

Thank you, will do some digging.  :old:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2022, 09:51:33 AM »
Everyone should be auto assigned to a country to balance the sides with players required to opt out if they want to be assigned only to one country..the opposite it is now

Never understood the drive to win a map over better overall gameplay...little egos needing pampering is my guess

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »
It was some time in the last year or 2 for a short period, it was obviously great for those that like to run with the higher number side. I remember nothing great about it, closer to a joke and no reason to stay logged on if you were trying to help the lower numbered sides.

Why does the lower number side need help?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »
Once upon a time, the ENY in EW arena was practically nonexistent. One side (represented mostly by a single highly organized squad) often had like 4+ times the population of the other countries combined, yet was still able to fly the (at that time) most capable and dangerous fighter available, the Hurricane IIC.

In the end, the opposition simply walked out. Being constantly outnumbered AND facing top level fighters was too much for most of them. The dominating side simply continued to grab now totally undefended base.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2022, 11:38:47 AM »
Once upon a time, the ENY in EW arena was practically nonexistent. One side (represented mostly by a single highly organized squad) often had like 4+ times the population of the other countries combined, yet was still able to fly the (at that time) most capable and dangerous fighter available, the Hurricane IIC.

In the end, the opposition simply walked out. Being constantly outnumbered AND facing top level fighters was too much for most of them. The dominating side simply continued to grab now totally undefended base.

in a three way war on large maps, who is outnumbered has very little to do with what team has the fewest people logged on. So the algorithm isn’t sophisticated enough create “even” and “fair” action.  It’s a solution that is worse than the problem.  This thread should be binned under “Another reason why ENY sucks”.   Instead of the straw-man problem of “people sitting in towers”.

:salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2022, 04:43:24 PM »
I suggest you just leave the fan on and plenty of toilet paper. Some folks tend to take longer than others and... umm.. uhh... oh wait....SITTERS .....  never mind.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2022, 07:51:10 AM »
I suggest you just leave the fan on and plenty of toilet paper. Some folks tend to take longer than others and... umm.. uhh... oh wait....SITTERS .....  never mind.

Yep they forgot the "H" in this thread  :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »
Tower party still going.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:37:00 PM by icepac »

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2022, 09:23:38 AM »
Need to add some cots to the towers I guess ?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2022, 04:36:14 PM »
Need to add some cots to the towers I guess ?

.... or more toilets. That guy above is squatting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2022, 07:57:23 AM »
Everyone should be auto assigned to a country to balance the sides with players required to opt out if they want to be assigned only to one country..the opposite it is now

Never understood the drive to win a map over better overall gameplay...little egos needing pampering is my guess

Eagler

And if someone logs in a little too late for squad night?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2022, 12:56:43 PM »
I got banned from the O'club for misbehavior so I have to hang out in the other buildings.