Author Topic: headset?  (Read 610 times)

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
headset?
« on: December 26, 2021, 05:35:04 PM »
I got a Vivitar headset /mic from Santa. I cant get any amount of volume out of it. Its just not in the game but in all sounds. Anyone ever contended with this?  All game sounds and Win output sliders are at max.  Win 10 machine.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: headset?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 06:31:00 PM »
What model? Is it wireless? Does the headset have volume controls?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by FLS »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 02:06:34 AM »
If it's USB, check if there's a dropdown menu in the volume setting where you should find the Vivitar. Or you can go to Windows Settings>System>Sound and choose the output device from there.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 08:28:24 AM »
Thats all theinfo I have on the model number. Audio is 1/8" mini. No adjustments in Windows. Might be time to return it. And its not wireless.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »
If you can't get it to work properly in windows, you should return it and get one that does.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 12:47:42 PM »
Although it uses a standard audio plug and thus the built-in sound circuit of the motherboard, double check the output device. Your video card may have hijacked the audio through HDMI.

Also, assuming you're having a Realtek audio circuit, check the Realtek control panel to have the jack assigned to Speakers/Headphones.

And yet another thing: Does your computer have separate jacks for speakers (often green) and microphone (pink)? If so, does your headset have only one plug? If that's the case you'd need a splitter. A normal stereo plug is divided into three but if there's four sections (tip-ring-ring-stem) one is for the microphone. The microphone jack is also stereo but computer microphones are usually wired to split the signal for both ears.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 12:56:15 PM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni