Author Topic: Calling Lusche, statistical data and analysis question...  (Read 687 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Calling Lusche, statistical data and analysis question...
« on: December 14, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
Sir,

Is it possible to determine the mean time-to-reset for each MA terrain over the past year or so?

Wondering what the difference is between the large maps and small maps is, in terms of time-to-reset.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Calling Lusche, statistical data and analysis question...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 11:53:40 AM »
This isn't possible, that kind of data isn't available to us.

In theory, you could do that semi-manually. I did that a few times years ago, by logging the kill stats 24/7 and frequently checking into the arena to check uptime of the current map and cross-check with the rotation list. But that can't be done retroactively.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »
OK, thanks Lusche!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »
There are a couple like BowlMA and Crater that can stay up for a few days. Rarely do they get rolled in a day.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »
There are a couple like BowlMA and Crater that can stay up for a few days. Rarely do they get rolled in a day.

Thanks, DS.   

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 04:18:38 PM »

Then there’s Northco, a great map and the newest one to the game.

I’ve been watching it for a ~year (when I’m in the MA and it’s up) and yesterday was the longest I’ve seen it up a WHOLE 21 hours!   :uhoh

Rooks were very close to winning it for several hours (only needed 2 Knight bases), then Bishops had about 10+ extra players that logged in and/or changed sides.  In 2 hours Bishops went from having the least amount of fields to winning the war.

:(

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 11:29:33 AM »
Then there’s Northco, a great map and the newest one to the game.

I’ve been watching it for a ~year (when I’m in the MA and it’s up) and yesterday was the longest I’ve seen it up a WHOLE 21 hours!   :uhoh

Rooks were very close to winning it for several hours (only needed 2 Knight bases), then Bishops had about 10+ extra players that logged in and/or changed sides.  In 2 hours Bishops went from having the least amount of fields to winning the war.

:(

IMO, I'd rather have maps that last a day than last 4 days. When I see bowlMA up at 10am with 35 players on scattered all over the place for 4 days, I have no choice but to log as my style of gameplay is not being represented and its not battles if one side goes around collected bases unscathed while the other 2 sides are no where to be found due to maybe not knowing where the action is or where to go. Small maps are much better at using the collective #s to garner bigger fights during low #s, even if the other side finally does win the map. That's what makes the game more fun for people.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion